Joe Hardy

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Ken Shabby, 14 Mar 2017.

1. WallyA

WallyA

This is one of those deals that makes sense all around. We have soo many strikers in our academy and Unal on loan, and Kelechi, Jesus and Aguero. Hopefully there is a buy back clause after 3 years (say like 20 million) if he turns out to be a killer striker (at 21 years age). Really this is good for our academy because it lets people know that not everybody can make it to the first team, but if you don't, you can still have a great career.

I suspect City will offload more players who they don't think can be an immediate help to the first team, my guess is Rodney Kongolo, Humphreys (decent, but I suspect the worst of our promising CBs), and Paolo (need to pull a Paddy Roberts and impress) will get shipped with buy back clauses.

2. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

You make an OP bemoaning us letting him go, and then say you've no idea how good he is, does that sound a bit fucking daft to you?

3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Read his previous efforts,at least he's consistent.

4. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I imagine Duncan Bobby Duncan is one of the reasons behind this.

Always looked good on the few occasions I've seen him but we can't keep them all & we shouldn't, if they will struggle to get games at that level.

Good luck to him.

5. MC ID

MC ID

Better for the lad to move on now than potentially waste a few years especially as their does seem to be better players coming through around him let alone in the u16s.

While it's quite right for us to bemoan the lack of chances our youngsters get, this isn't one of those cases. Hopefully we've given him all the skills he needs to make a good career out the game and I hope to see his name come up in the future as a good striker.

Best of luck to the lad.

6. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

Without repeating everyone too much, he's a decent player but will never be good enough to play for our first team.

Great move all round.

7. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i agree. i think bobby duncan is the next level of quality players that will be in a with a chance of making the first team, like foden, sancho.....

8. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

Not noticed him before FI, I take it he had previous?

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Yep,one could even be forgiven for thinking he's a troll.

10. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

Ow worse maybe a swamp dweller?