Joe Hart 2015/16 performances

Yet you fail to see another keeper may do the same. It's like when Edin scored important goals yet most of the time the ball bounced off him. A better striker might have scored goals too like Edin but contributed more in games. People on here harped on about the contribution Edin made with his goals yet failed to accept a replacement striker might have contributed alot more. Different positions granted but same purpose i'm trying to get across.

Fucking hell, if you think an inability to launch the ball downfield with the withering accuracy of a longbowman at Agincourt undermines Joe Hart's claim to be a top drawer keeper, then you really are a picky cnut (and that's just my vernacular, not an insult)! Joe Hart is probably the best one on one shot blocker in world football right now, in the top 4 or 5 with the spectacular stuff, and although he has the odd flap at a corner, I wouldn't swap him for anyone other than maybe Neuer or Courtois

Fucking hell, if you think an inability to launch the ball downfield with the withering accuracy of a longbowman at Agincourt undermines Joe Hart's claim to be a top drawer keeper, then you really are a picky cnut (and that's just my vernacular, not an insult)! Joe Hart is probably the best one on one shot blocker in world football right now, in the top 4 or 5 with the spectacular stuff, and although he has the odd flap at a corner, I wouldn't swap him for anyone other than maybe Neuer or Courtois

Amen to that ! totally agreed

The mass overhyping of most goalkeepers (bizarrely apart from Hart) these days has meant most people not realising that Hart is better than the two you mention.

Wouldn't swap him for ANYONE else. All the usual suspects have far far more weaknesses than him. Far more. But they're oddly ignored in the name of hype.

The mass overhyping of most goalkeepers (bizarrely apart from Hart) these days has meant most people not realising that Hart is better than the two you mention.

Wouldn't swap him for ANYONE else. All the usual suspects have far far more weaknesses than him. Far more. But they're oddly ignored in the name of hype.

I did say 'maybe'. I love him; he's one of our own!

To be fair I never questioned Harts shot stopping, something you quickly moved too when stating he is one of the best in the world. I also noticed you chose to exaggerate his kicking distribution to that of a longbowman in his defence. Again to be fair his shorter distribution out to the wings usually go out of play. Couple this with central clearances then we are on the back foot again as the opposition wins the ball back. I'm not jumping on his back because of the result last night, i'm merely pointing out something that should improve rather than appearing to be a "picky cnut" :)

Last edited:
He is in the top 3 bracket along with De Gea and Neuer for me. Absolutely world class. How many more absolutely ridiculous Champions League performances does he actually need to put in before people realise how good he is? He's that good that I actually fully expect him to save almost single every one on one.

To be fair I never questioned Harts shot stopping, something you quickly moved too when stating he is one of the best in the world. I also noticed you chose to exaggerate his kicking distribution to that of a longbowman in his defence. Again to be fair his shorter distribution out to the wings usually go out of play. Couple this with central clearances then we are on the back foot again as the opposition wins the ball back. I'm not jumping on his back because of the result last night, i'm merely pointing out something that should improve rather than appearing to be a "picky cnut" :)
None of this is actually true - certainly no more so than any other keeper that you would, I'm sure, laud.

It's a weird stick to beat him with and one that's patently false. A couple of years ago there were MANY on here saying that PANTILIMON had 'superior distribution'. I knew then that it was nothing but an agenda. Pantilimon can barely reach the half way line with his kicks. Very very rarely does he connect cleanly. Very Dibble-esque.

It didn't matter what other keepers do, there's going to be a group claiming blindly that their distribution is superior to Hart's. They'll maintain this despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Each to their own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.