Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was just about to post something similar.
The saddest part of the whole episode isn't how Hart is supposedly being treated but how it's causing an unnecessary divide in the fanbase.
The sooner it's done the better.

Everyone should be buzzing rather then misty eyed and on a downer over a professional footballer

It's a shame that at the start of a season when we have the worlds best manager, an influx of players and a new way of playing a thread about an okay keeper with a likely attitude deficiency is dominating the board. The sooner he goes so we can get on with enjoying and discussing our new era the better.

Inevitable though, isn't it? Seeing that he's our longest serving player and the only real link in the playing staff from the old to the new. Fans are obviously going to be emotional about it, I'd be more worried if we weren't.

Did you read my comments or think what I have said or was the steam coming from your ears causing a vision problem?

Why do I get the second para lecture when other posters, not me, have mentioned Hart 'being shafted'? Is it because any poster doesn't agree with you automatically is thought to be 'all the same' and gets swept into a loose grouping named 'The Enemy'?

I was supporting City passionately long before you were on this planet and I will continue to do so when many of the TV and/or internet brigade and those attracted by the recent success have found new hobbies and those with easily transferable loyalties have moved on to support new clubs. So do not lecture me.

I don't know where you will be this afternoon - there is only one place for me and I will discuss many things with many people without treating them as the enemy because they have a different opinion and confident in the knowledge that they will not get uptight at anything I say and treat me as an enemy but as a long term fellow blue. And most importantly, we will all be shouting for the blues as we always have done. We will even have a laugh at those on here who accuse fellow blues of being rags and 'wanting City to lose' as it is a laughable remark to make let alone put in writing.

That is the manner of support and discussion I am used to although I am all too aware that support and 'discussion' via the internet and TV is an entirely different thing. Enjoy the latter, I will be too busy enjoying the former.

Reply if you feel you must get the last word in but I won't be reading it or anything else on this matter. I said several days ago I was fed up of the way this whole Hart matter had dragged on so I will leave it alone even if others cannot. The media certainly won't - they will have a feeding frenzy.
So much wrong with your reply, but it's hilarious nonetheless.

Everyone should be buzzing rather then misty eyed and on a downer over a professional footballer

I've buzzed my tits right off ;)

Said it before on here, I couldnt give a fuck who the personnel on the field are as long as they perform as a team and the early signs are amazing. We have the best in the business managing our team, we need to relax and watch him work.

Inevitable though, isn't it? Seeing that he's our longest serving player and the only real link in the playing staff from the old to the new. Fans are obviously going to be emotional about it, I'd be more worried if we weren't.
Surely everybody has said all they can say on the matter now though? At the moment it seems to be the same posters saying the same things over and over.

Nothing wrong with people having an attachment, I don't get it myself but wishing him the best is fine, even reminiscing about his good games is fine, questioning the managers ability, saying he is an idiot, slating a keeper who is playing for us and the general bed wetting is not.

I think it is unfair to suggest that Joe has not acted professionally when Pep has said that he has. Why cannot it be accepted that Pep has a preference for a certain type of goalkeeper who he considers to be probably the most important member of the team. The writer of Pep Confidential was quoted as saying that it was not to do with being able to pass although that is obviously important. It is more to do with vision and being able to anticipate what is happening and be able to see and carry out the next move. He said that he requires a keeper who anticipates rather than reacts. He mentioned among others Courtois and Buffon as reactionary goalkeepers that Pep could not work with and that Joe unfortunately falls into this category. Goalkeepers he can work with are those who anticipate and look ahead and include Neuer, ter Stegen and Bravo. Most managers would be happy with the first category but sadly for Joe that is not Pep's choice.

I believe there is more to this than simply ability although that is certainly a factor. Joe's anticipation of developing situations is certainly lacking. West Ham away was the best example of this. A long throw in where Joe was the only player with full visibility of the whole situation and yet their player was able to toe poke the ball in from Joe's six yard box. He has talent, is a fantastic shot stopper on his day but he lacks the concentration, anticipation and footballing vision that Pep is after. That isn't saying he is a bad keeper, far from it, but he isn't at the level we need to compete with our rivals who have Courtois, De Gea.

I wish Joe all the best he has been a fantastic servant but it's time to say our goodbyes and wish him all the best. He will always be welcome back to the Etihad as a long line of great MCFC servants. I hope he secures a move so that we can put this behind us and focus on the future.

I've buzzed my tits right off ;)

Said it before on here, I couldnt give a fuck who the personnel on the field are as long as they perform as a team and the early signs are amazing. We have the best in the business managing our team, we need to relax and watch him work.

I agree and its early days but the effort from the team has been stark to previous seasons and who is responsible for this? Our manager, just give the guy a bit of credit that he knows what he is doing. This whole thing comes down to one thing do you believe pep knows what he is doing or at the very least are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Man up move on amd enjoy the ride

Much more opportunity to practise taking the ball and passing it on in training. Probably do that 3 or 4 times max under pressure in a game. it's a skill. Just needs practise. he may not be able to do it. Game time is irrelevant as to learning the drill of taking the ball with one foot and passing it on with the other.

If he doesn't have the skill, last thing Id want is for him to try something out in a real game, and for some forward to make an idiot out of him and put it in the back of the net. he'd be even more ridiculed than he is now.

The other thing that might be an issue is that if he goes to SAFC he is going to still be under massive pressure from media and opposition fans. When a player gets questioned, everyone lays into him. If I were him I'd sacrifice 3 months just to see if he can address the problem, and if he can't there's always January.

I think he'll stay. Once you've been questioned in a high profile way, then public doubt, even self doubt will be there. Better to address it rather than go elsewhere and brush it under the carpet. it will keep coming back

He would still need to demonstrate his ability to do it under pressure in a match situation. A big part of the skill is the decision making process. being able to size up the situation decide what the best options are. Sometimes Row Z might actually be the correct option. I don't think he can hone his judgement just in training.

He would be under pressure at Sunderland, but its the type of pressure that suits him. His best games have always been when City were under the cosh eg Barca, Dortmund, Spurs. He struggles when he's only called on to make a couple of saves in a match. If he goes to Sunderland I guarantee that within a few weeks he'll have had a superlative game, making a string of amazing saves. I can already hear Alan Shearer on MOTD "Why on earth did City let him go?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.