Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to assume this is parody or a wind up. Joe knew how he'd have to play under Pep -- Pep has had his squads play the same way for 8 years now. The reality is that Joe just doesn't have the capability to play that way and that's not his fault by any means. He was always going to be #2 at best, the second Pep was announced. Everyone with any sort of tactical know how knew it.
Except Guardiola. Unless you think he was lying.

Except Guardiola. Unless you think he was lying.
I think he was being nice in the press. Joe is a beloved player, Pep's not going to throw him under the bus publicly. He'll say some nice things because there's no reason to torch the player. I don't believe for a minute that Pep ever considered playing Joe because Pep is a voracious student of the game. He undoubtedly saw significant tape of Joe due in part to the games we played against him if nothing else.

anyone feel there could be a re call clause in case out happens with bravo or willy
Not a chance in hell. That happens with youth players because their loans are about development and if they're not playing enough, you need to be able to pull the plug. This is about getting a guy off the books and Torino will undoubtedly now shift one of their own Keepers. You don't make a loan signing like this without then planning your season around it.

I think he was being nice in the press. Joe is a beloved player, Pep's not going to throw him under the bus publicly. He'll say some nice things because there's no reason to torch the player. I don't believe for a minute that Pep ever considered playing Joe because Pep is a voracious student of the game. He undoubtedly saw significant tape of Joe due in part to the games we played against him if nothing else.
Nah that's my problem with a lot of the Hart doubters, when he says the OPPOSITE of something they were trying to say previously, they dismiss it as press talk(they can never be wrong that way you see, Pep always agrees and supports their views haha. How lovely to live in this dream world it must be). Common sense will tell you to look at his personality and whether he would go against what he really believes to please anyone, he may refuse to comment on something as not to upset the player sure... what he wouldn't do is say the exact opposite... that's why that argument is flawed for me.

He offers no guarantees, said Hart would need to improve and fight for his place(straight to the point really there the biggest single reason, he would be benched for some time but people want more). If I were to read into it more in light of the developments it's most likely the case that he does rate him as highly as he says but knows it would take quite a while to get Joe playing like Bravo can out from the back, he needs it ASAP not in 6months time, the team cannot wait for Joe.

It's not just passing, its reading the game from the back too, sweeping up, communicating... all of it, it's a different approach to goalkeeping with a lot more to think about than any other keeper in the PL will be used to too. We have no other teams that play this way in the PL people are pretending it's become common place and Joe's a dinosaur.

Last edited:
Your first sentence was bollocks so I didn't bother with the rest

Edit. Tried a bit of the rest and saw you had Joe as one of the best 6 in the world. Pmsl

Your first sentence was bollocks so I didn't bother with the rest

Edit. Tried a bit of the rest and saw you had Joe as one of the best 6 in the world. Pmsl

Not just my opinion , a lot of pundits and media had Joe as a top six keeper , backed up with stats and a few golden gloves , your talking shite , repeat

Nah that's my problem with a lot of the Hart doubters, when he says the OPPOSITE of something they were trying to say previously, they dismiss it as press talk(they can never be wrong that way you see, Pep always agrees and supports their views haha. How lovely to live in this dream world it must be). Common sense will tell you to look at his personality and whether he would go against what he really believes to please anyone, he may refuse to comment on something as not to upset the player sure... what he wouldn't do is say the exact opposite... that's why that argument is flawed for me.
You're free to believe whatever you want, but there is 0% chance Joe ever had a possibility to start regularly under Pep Guardiola. He is the exact opposite of everything he wants and expects in a keeper. Pep is not going to come out and throw one of City's most beloved players under the bus and if you think he would, I don't know what to tell you. He has been very cordial when asked about everyone we're shifting.

You're free to believe whatever you want, but there is 0% chance Joe ever had a possibility to start regularly under Pep Guardiola. He is the exact opposite of everything he wants and expects in a keeper. Pep is not going to come out and throw one of City's most beloved players under the bus and if you think he would, I don't know what to tell you. He has been very cordial when asked about everyone we're shifting.
You're free to delude yourself there's zero proof or anything to back up your assertions that you know best and Pep backs your own views(deluded). You have simply repeated the same flawed argument I've dismissed with simple logic whats the point of that? He would NOT COME OUT AND SAY THE OPPOSITE TO PLEASE ANYONE... that is not the man he is, dismiss it, redirect it yes... opposite NO! I don't know what else to tell you if you don't have the common sense to see this, my point couldn't be any clearer.

Not just my opinion , a lot of pundits and media had Joe as a top six keeper , backed up with stats and a few golden gloves , your talking shite , repeat
Wasting your time with these self professed experts, man of the match performances in the CL against the very best teams when our other players fell short he didn't ever let us down he saved our bacon from humiliating scorelines. Golden Gloves? They count for nothing they will tell you, even though up until the close of last season he had the most Golden gloves of any keeper playing in the prem, Cech is now level with him... they will then make the excuse our defense has always been impenetrable which is quite laughable.

Who needs tangible proof of his accomplishments and talent when you can cherry pick or skew a few statistics to support your views though hey? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.