John Motson calls Manchester City the best team he has ever seen

I'm shocked. I thought he was a Utd follower - Then again he always does tend to give praise where praise is due.
He’s a Chelsea fan. Came out and said it before his last ever commentary game at Stamford Bridge recently, said he’d never let his true colours be known in 50 years of commentary until that moment when he was interviewing Chopper Harris and [i think] Bobby Tambling on the pitch before the game on Football Focus

Well in fifty years of watching us this is the best football I have ever seen a City side play. Mind you aside from the 1967-1976 sides there hasn't been a lot of competition lol!
1977 we finished second, 1 point behind Liverpool

1977 we finished second, 1 point behind Liverpool

I know I remember it well. We also were runners up in the 1981 fa cup final. This is still the best football I have seen any City team play and I saw the team that had Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Young in who were pretty good.

Barry Davies was my favourite commentator. Nobody was ever denigrated for under performing it was always skill that won a game and or being unlucky in defence or in front of goal. Motty - though I share his nickname and his penchant for stats - always relied to much on nstats and historical anecdotes rather than the game in front of him.
Of the modern band - it has to be Jonathan Pearce who is my favourite. He is at least balanced - which is a rare thing in the modern game.

Pearce is a very good commentator and says it how it is,not how fans want him to respond.He`s been very complimentary on City for ages and said to Pep at Swansea away this season "I`ve been watching teams for years and this is the best team I have ever seen".
Of course its not what some of you want to hear ... another shit commentator ... allegedly.
He`s a wonderful commentator also on Englands Ladies team, which I follow more than the fucking useless mens eleven.
Well done Pearce.
Best one by a country mile and one who doesn`t show any favours to.
]

Click on the link and tab down to Pearce's prediction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40856491

Hundreds of pages on the MoTD thread calling Motty a senile old ****. Now cured because he's complimentary about us.

Love humanity me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.