John Noakes RIP

Very sad news.

A large part of my childhood. Blue Peter was my favourite programme and John Noakes was my favourite presenter and I doubt I'm the only Bluemooner that feels this way.

R. I. P., John.

My favourite BP presenter.

Just read his Wiki page and was struck, yet again, by what a strange world television presenting is.

RIP JN. A brilliant TV presenter.

On channel 5 last night there was a programme about kids TV, and when a clip about Blue Peter came on I asked myself, "is John Noakes still with us?" Feel a bit rotten now. Same thing happened with Bowie. I'd been having an out of the blue conversation about him with my sister the day before he died.

There have been others down the years, too, names escape me, but I'm going to keep a record from now on.

Today I will mostly be talking about Trump.

RIP John Noakes - a massive part of my childhood gone - did so many "stunts" for Blue Peter that weren't really stunts just barely thought through idea's lol. He went along with it and only later found out he wasn't even insured !! They literally don't make TV like that any more nor do they make TV presenters like John any more. I hope wherever he is he is reunited with his beloved Shep and they can Go With Noakes forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.