John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt have a go at Gabriel Jesus for it.. I just pointed out that he did it. And there is nothing alleged about it, he dives, though i'm sure he'll remove it from his game during his time here.

I criticise and praise in equal measure.. people just dont remember/pick up on the latter.

He has to remove it from his game from day one because the rag media will be lying in wait to crucify him on a level never seen before.

People who wanted him to come here often need something to hang on to. Of course he wasn't very good at defending. He was a hard-working student who was athletic and somewhat powerful. Mistake prone and quite jittery. He was a good tackler, but not half as good as Ota who gets slated here.

So I really don't fully understand that claim that he is a good defender.

A decent tackler, sure. A good defender is a bit of a stretch.

People who wanted him to come here often need something to hang on to. Of course he wasn't very good at defending. He was a hard-working student who was athletic and somewhat powerful. Mistake prone and quite jittery. He was a good tackler, but not half as good as Ota who gets slated here.

So I really don't fully understand that claim that he is a good defender.

A decent tackler, sure. A good defender is a bit of a stretch.

Has anyone really said Ota isn't good in the tackle? He is great in the tackle. The problem is his first instinct is to tackle which is not a good thing.

Funny how that's the only thing people can point to in Mangala's favour. He played a good game there no doubt but then where are the videos of the countless times he was out of position, the countless times he lacked the intelligence to read the game, the countless times he didn't pick up the runner in the box, the countless times he couldn't trap a bag of sand let alone a football? He is so far away from being a Pep player it's not even funny. And people really think Pep would use such a player in one of his teams?

Funny how that's the only thing people can point to in Mangala's favour. He played a good game there no doubt but then where are the videos of the countless times he was out of position, the countless times he lacked the intelligence to read the game, the countless times he didn't pick up the runner in the box, the countless times he couldn't trap a bag of sand let alone a football? He is so far away from being a Pep player it's not even funny. And people really think Pep would use such a player in one of his teams?

Yet some of us would say that the reason he looked shaky was down to playing 90% of his games wedged between a woeful Demichelis & even worse Kolarov. I still maintain he's a quality defender and we fucked him up.

Yet some of us would say that the reason he looked shaky was down to playing 90% of his games wedged between a woeful Demichelis & even worse Kolarov. I still maintain he's a quality defender and we fucked him up.

What's his excuse for not lighting the world up at Valencia then? That our fault as well? He is a very average footballer with the body of an athlete.

What's his excuse for not lighting the world up at Valencia then? That our fault as well? He is a very average footballer with the body of an athlete.

Very much so, because by the time he went to them(and they arent great) we'd shattered his confidence and taught him nothing about playing the position, I would say we set him back considering the stage he was at when we had him.

Valencia is drifting around relegation in la liga, no suprise he's not doing too well considering they're one of the worst managed clubs on and off the pitch imo. Their entire team is underperforming so expecting him to excel there would be a fools dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.