John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about not basing your chances of winning 4 trophies, on his, or Kolarov's ability to perform to the required level or alternatively, score so many goals that it doesn't matter ?

That's what we are doing next season if Kompany gets injured, which he usually does. We are assuming then that Stones will step up. If he doesn't, we'll.be ok with Kolarov.

The 'rock' that holds them together, is Otamendi.

If we treated the main striker position with the same lack of interest & based that on hope, what would our chancs be ?

Why are we doing it with the central defence ?

As said countless times getting full backs are the priority then with quality either side it takes some of the pressure of the center half's this will help stones more as he will be less under pressure consistently.

We do need another center half but that isnt because of Stones it is because there are still lingering doubts about Kompanys fitness.

I know Pep wont be worrying about stones half as much as some of our fans are thats for sure.

Criticise the lad if he has bad game fair enough but getting the impression that some think he isn't going to improve? The lad is 23 at least let mature as a player he will improve. Oh even the best players make mistakes seems Stones can have a good game and few bad passes he's called out on it where as another play can make few bad passes and not even get mention! Some fickle fuckers out there.

Oh so Neville Kneville gets to have a moan about "this is a forum, I have a right to my opinion" but when someone else posts their opinion, and backs it up with objective facts, Neville Kneville tries to shut it down as a "waste of time". That's not hypocritical in the slightest.

If you don't like football stats then that's your problem. Plenty appreciate them, value them to various degrees, and accept them as a legitimate form of discussion. If you want to leak your vagina all over another player thread just because a few stats are presented, then might I recommend doing so in PM to a mod instead.

No I'm saying you are trying to make out as if everyone who was unimpressed by Stones's performance is some kind of misguided character who somehow watched the game 'wrong' because your rudiculous stats prove it & rather than discus what actually happened i the game, you will dumb it down to a few meanigless numbers & then fell superior having done so.

But you are actualy dumbing it down & insulting people's intellingence with irrelevant schoolboy nerd claptrap rather than enlightening anyone.

Criticise the lad if he has bad game fair enough but getting the impression that some think he isn't going to improve? The lad is 23 at least let mature as a player he will improve. Oh even the best players make mistakes seems Stones can have a good game and few bad passes he's called out on it where as another play can make few bad passes and not even get mention! Some fickle fuckers out there.

I don't see Kolarov & Otamendi getting off lightly tbh.

As said countless times getting full backs are the priority then with quality either side it takes some of the pressure of the center half's this will help stones more as he will be less under pressure consistently.

We do need another center half but that isnt because of Stones it is because there are still lingering doubts about Kompanys fitness.

I know Pep wont be worrying about stones half as much as some of our fans are thats for sure.

Well that's kind of the point.

Pep 'said' he as much as worried about Stones by publically stating we need cover for Vincent Kompany, whilst leaving him out. That pretty much confirms he's not convinced by any of them imo.

So if he then fails to find backup for Kompany, he is more 'hoping' Stones steps up rather than being confident in it.
And we have to 'hope' the same.

No I'm saying you are trying to make out as if everyone who was unimpressed by Stones's performance is some kind of misguided character who somehow watched the game 'wrong' because your rudiculous stats prove it & rather than discus what actually happened i the game, you will dumb it down to a few meanigless numbers & then fell superior having done so.

But you are actualy dumbing it down & insulting people's intellingence with irrelevant schoolboy nerd claptrap rather than enlightening anyone.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I said he had a relative defensive weakness and the statistics were provided as a footnote. The crux of my argument is that he's likely to be better for City than England, nothing more or less.

But you know what? I am going to go ahead and insult your "intelligence" because you need taken down a peg or two. You came in here and started harassing me and have yet to use one single argument to the contrary. You shut down discussion with your contrarian bullshit. You stifle debate with your endless, tired, pontificating about stats. It's boring. You're boring.

So, sadly, it appears you are unable to either use your natural abilities, or the forum's, to ignore those who use footballing stats to backup their opinions. In that case, consider yourself ignored by me and know that I'll continue to use them and you'll continue to make yourself out a right dickhead on here by continuously moaning about it.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I said he had a relative defensive weakness and the statistics were provided as a footnote. The crux of my argument is that he's likely to be better for City than England, nothing more or less.

But you know what? I am going to go ahead and insult your "intelligence" because you need taken down a peg or two. You came in here and started harassing me and have yet to use one single argument to the contrary. You shut down discussion with your contrarian bullshit. You stifle debate with your endless, tired, pontificating about stats. It's boring. You're boring.

So, sadly, you're unable to either use your natural abilities, or the forum's, to ignore those who use footballing stats to backup their opinions. In that case, consider yourself ignored by me and know that I'll continue to use them and you'll continue to make yourself out a right dickhead on here by continuously moaning about it.

If that's true then so be it. I'll be a dickhead by pointing out your irrelevant schoolboy nonsense didguised as information.

I will indeed continue to show bullshit for what it is. If you come up with something relevant to an argument stats wise, I'll say nothing. As is often the case when people use them sensibly. It's just when it is irrelevant shite, that I comment on it.

Stones was fairly average in mist things he did for England & looked a similar standard to those alongside him, one of whom was Phil Jones. On a few occasions he was shit. A few times he broke through the lines & made a decent pass, on other occasions he over or underhit passes, to the wrong player, rather than using his brain.

His defending was so so doing the easy stuff & awful during the difficult moments barri g maybe one instance.

You don't have any stats for details of any of it but you still use them anyway.

Not that it's a great measuring stick but he was far better than Phil Jones last night. I couldn't believe my ears when Hoddle said Jones had been positionally fantastic, despite the previous replay highlighting how easily Mbappe had pulled in behind him.

Stones definitely gets a harder time due to his price tag, but that comes with the territory. Once/if he cuts out some of his dodgy brain-farts then he can make it among the world's best.

I couldn't believe my ears when Hoddle said Jones had been positionally fantastic, despite the previous replay highlighting how easily Mbappe had pulled in behind him.

Jones took a touch around an attacker and then had to sprint full speed, make a last ditch tackle and injure the guy to make up for the shit touch. This was praised as positive defending. Speechless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.