John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
why didn't he just pass it up the line to Sane who was clear on his own, easy, hate seeing when the first thought is always to go backwards. we could have had a decent break on there at a time wehen we needed to break wide at pace.

Bad error. But he was generally good. This wouldn't be popular but even before his error I pointed it out around the tenth minute, Stones should have been the Central defender and Kompany the Right side defender. Clearly Stones knows the system better, plays with the ball better and Kompany is more aggressive and more jittery. Playing Stones on the side limited his ability to orchestrate from the back and Kompany being new to the new ways and not being fully confident yet wasn't going to do as good a job playing the middle CB.

Bad pass. Bad decision though.

Stones messed up I think he needs dropping for a few games. I think were better as a back 4 than a 3 this system needs more time to be worked on. Have we even had a clean sheet this season. Stones need to know if he is passing he needs it spot on with forwards that close to defenders. He didnt look were Bravo was and the ball behind Kompany gave us no chance to do anything. Ottamendi in there may have been a better option to have played there and both Kompany and Stones need time to know each other games. The mid week game i be interested to see what system we start and what the team is.

His mistakes don't seem to be from his lack of qualities as a player, it seems to be concentration and awareness he lacks.

hes started off brilliantly ,teams aren't giving the lads at the back any space like at the start of the season, he needs and will adapt his game to over come this , we are doing more than enough in matches to win these games especially everton and Southampton.it will come again, this little run we are on at the minute will in the long run make us a more solid team.

Bad error. But he was generally good. This wouldn't be popular but even before his error I pointed it out around the tenth minute, Stones should have been the Central defender and Kompany the Right side defender. Clearly Stones knows the system better, plays with the ball better and Kompany is more aggressive and more jittery. Playing Stones on the side limited his ability to orchestrate from the back and Kompany being new to the new ways and not being fully confident yet wasn't going to do as good a job playing the middle CB.

Bad pass. Bad decision though.

Fair points. Perhaps the idea was Vinnie wouldn't be as stretched playing centrally with his dodgy leg muscles in mind.

Seriously!!! He has been great all season and he made one mistake and he needs to be dropped???? I mean if not for Aguero he would have redeemed himself! But come on people. He has been one our best Central Defence Signings in a long time. I would rather he made the mistake now then in a bigger game. This mistake is good for him, it will make him better. He came from a different system in Everton to a Pep system playing against the likes of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. I think he has been and will be great!

I cannot and will not blame him for our team's performance. Even he made an error pass, as a team we should have scored enough goals to overshadow that error. I mean if we had won 3-1 or 4-1, no body would be saying drop him or remove him or all that crap! He is going to great and I am happy we have him on our team!

I still don't buy into all this about him being great on the ball.

Like most players he can pick a pass when under no pressure but looks bang average when challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.