John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can only get better confidence wise if he gets enough minutes on the pitch. All this nonsense that he has to be dropped until the end of season is complete rubbish. He won't boost his confidence by sitting on the bench or just attending the training sessions. He needs to have at least one good game where he doesn't make any mistakes and then he'll start to believe in himself again.

He can only get better confidence wise if he gets enough minutes on the pitch. All this nonsense that he has to be dropped until the end of season is complete rubbish. He won't boost his confidence by sitting on the bench or just attending the training sessions. He needs to have at least one good game where he doesn't make any mistakes and then he'll start to believe in himself again.

i agree. seems to be all about confidence with stones now. we've seen this season the potential he has. if he gets it right he will be our first choice centre back for me. it is good to have all these options, but they do all need game time and he shouldnt be completely dropped until the end of the season because of a bad run imo, it was the injury that stopped him and only game time will see him regain his form ( more then likely after we have won the league) . i think eventually it will be stones and laporte at the back anyway.

no one should be writing him off or any other player off in our squad. ( like sterling last season)

i agree. seems to be all about confidence with stones now. we've seen this season the potential he has. if he gets it right he will be our first choice centre back for me. it is good to have all these options, but they do all need game time and he shouldnt be completely dropped until the end of the season because of a bad run imo, it was the injury that stopped him and only game time will see him regain his form ( more then likely after we have won the league) . i think eventually it will be stones and laporte at the back anyway.

no one should be writing him off or any other player off in our squad. ( like sterling last season)

Pep had to bite the bullet with Bravo who seemed to also lack confidence in the hussle bussle of PL football. I think both players were PG's choice so probably he will persevere with picking him and suffer any consequences but he is certainly a risk on current and possibly future form.

he shouldnt be completely dropped until the end of the season because of a bad run imo

That’s exactly what’s going to happen imo. Not dropped per se but we have competition now and he is 4th choice. Can’t see him starting again until after the Spurs match.

Still convinced his is our future. This benching will do him good in the long run I’m sure.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen imo. Not dropped per se but we have competition now and he is 4th choice. Can’t see him starting again until after the Spurs match.

Still convinced his is our future. This benching will do him good in the long run I’m sure.
There are so many big matches in such a short space of time, I think he could get one or two starts in that run of games.

You mean in the coming games? I think we’ll see mostly Kompany and Otamendi with Laporte also rotated in but no John.

Hopefully if we manage to secure the title in the next 2-3 matches he can get a run of low pressure yet competitive EPL games.

Same holds true for the youngsters, Foden Brahim etc

Pep had to bite the bullet with Bravo who seemed to also lack confidence in the hussle bussle of PL football. I think both players were PG's choice so probably he will persevere with picking him and suffer any consequences but he is certainly a risk on current and possibly future form.
bravo is 35 year old foreign player. john is 23 homegrown. writing off john is not same with writing off bravo. signing young homegrown talent is extremely tough and none english talent will sign for pep and city if we will get rid off stones. i am sure that he will back in form after he gets 2-3 games and regains confidence.

You associate the two yet miss the obvious....

Stones is all over the shop due to the jitters reinforced from bravo, since his return i’d be interested to see how many he’s started with bravo behind...

His angles have been off in my opinion, he receives the ball in such acute spaces he bricks himself when pressured.. Herman has elevated that whole defence, it’s not surprising there’s a drop off with bravo!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.