John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can blame me for my previous disbelief, but tell me how such improvement can be predicted? What happened to him? OK, the defending in general has improved because the team acts more coherent, like a machine, defenders spend less time under pressure. But what happened to Stones' personality? Even his face has changed. In such short period of time.

Edit: Maybe Pep can do his magic on Delph and turn him into Roberto Carlos? I wouldn't be surprised by anything since this night.

I honestly don't know how you could rationally predict this type of jump really. I'm pretty baffled myself. It's like we have cheat codes on...our entire team flies around the pitch for the entire match swarming the opponent in wave after wave without many signs of fatigue. These are genius football minds at the top of the game with millionaire professional athletes. How are more teams not doing the same thing? I suppose the intricacies of it is deep and nuanced but the idea is pretty basic ... smother your opponent and make them uncomfortable.

Pep's levels and levels above everyone else as far as I can tell. I came into football totally oblivious in 2010/2011 and being obsessive like I am I basically went 0-100 with City. The idea of reversing that once Pep leaves and completely dropping the game kind of intrigues me because I'm not sure it could get any better. I like the idea of leaving the game at the top. Not a chance I could ever do that but the idea of it I like.

John Stones has completed 191/194 passes (98.4% successful) in City's last two games.

108/109 vs. Stoke (99.1%)
83/85 vs. Napoli (97.7%)

He was brillinat last night. Great with the ball and more importantly he was great without it which was a weakness last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.