John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pleased for John, his all round game this season has been excellent and definitely a future City captain.

Stones got so much shit last season from rival fans it was untrue, I think they will be eating humble pie with his current performances.

When we signed Stones , i was talking to a good friend who was an Everton season ticket holder , and he was absolutely gutted Stones was leaving whilst most scousers and the media were laughing their socks off at the fee and displaying their biterness , my Evertonian friend stated we have signed a future England captain and in a couple of seasons he will be the best centre back around. Now i disagreed with him and said we have paid nearly £50m for potential and nothing more , he phoned me tonight to say "told you so" , still early days in my opinion , but i havent seen a better centre back this season.

He looks faster, stronger and much more confident than last season. A lot of people forget that he looked the real deal for the first couple of months last season, then pep kept tweaking with the team and he made a few mistakes.

Faster, strong, wiser, he's been superb this season and tonight was just another example of how much he has come on.

From around 82-87 minutes last night, Stones played in central midfield, with Fernandinho in his CB slot.

Away from home, defending a 1 goal lead to one of the best sides in Europe, and he's just playing in midfield for a bit because they played out in a way that put him in the middle and he just stayed there.

The confidence to do that, the fact Pep allows him to do that...I just love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.