John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got a really good attitude. The price tag is a millstone but that's not his fault.

Plenty of defenders have got the mistakes out of their game when they're younger and gone onto be top notch.

Ferdinand and Campbell got the same media treatment early on. If we get the same length of service out of Stones I can't imagine anyone on here will be complaining in 10 years.

I think people really over exaggerated his mistakes last season. He dropped several bollocks in games don't get me wrong but you get some people saying he made big mistakes every game and how he was shit etc etc and that is just not true. He started off brilliantly for us, then those run of games before Christmas he made some mistakes but after Christmas right up until his injury I thought he was one of our better defenders.

He's still learning but I can already see the defender he was in his first season at Everton. He's had a brilliant pre season, defended very well against some really good players, dealt with Bale, handled Kane with ease and scored a few goals as well. I think this season he's gonna shut a lot of people up.

John has looked the canine's testicles so far this pre-season.

Yes, I know having a fully fit Vinnie and two very quick full-backs alongside him has helped, but he seems to have taken to the 'sweeper' rôle like the proverbial duck to water.

I'm very hopeful that the real John Stones will turn up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.