John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how in the media a £50m waste of money has turned into the Barnsley Beckenbauer in a matter of months , everybody is gushing over out team, manager , players etc., just wait when Stones makes an error or we draw a game , their tune will change , nothing more fickle than the British media , so i will take all the compliments with a pinch of salt. Stones has shown real progression since he has been working with Pep but he isnt the finished article , when he gets to Vinnies level at this peak , we know we have got a world class player on our hands , and he has all the attributes to be our centre back for the next decade.

I think it’s a little bit unfair to compare vinnie and stones defensive ability. Kompany is a powerhouse, no one could match him in a physical battle. Two different kind of defenders. Vinnie is good at playing out from the back, but stones is a natural. I don’t think we will ever see stones be as good as vinnie in the defensive aspect, but stones suits our current team more than Kompany would do if he could stay fit.

Seems Pep was right about John Stones...

YEdEt5t.jpg

No circling needed.

Never had any doubts about stonesy,got to be captain soon not just us,England aswell.

Totally agree....the quality was always there. Last season he was learning peps system and needed someone next to him to help him through the games...he could get it from vinny due to injury and with Ota back then i reckon there was hardly any communication.

That has all changed and he is now thriving with Otamendi where Stones actually looks the commanding figure in that back line

Definately captain in the making

Hopefully not to serious, will be keen to see an update after the game but hamstrings can take a while. The camera zoomed in on him talking to the physio and I thought he said “I heard it go pop”.

Would be a huge miss. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.