John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I said in the post match thread. Fucking unbelievable from Southgate. Pep also hinted at this in his press conference.

I understand Southgate wants to prepare for the WC but he could of subbed off Stones in both games or gave him one full game then a rest.

Ridiculous really from Southgate.

Worst still entirely predictable.
Like I say it's Southgates fault completely and Pep has every right to be furious.

Wishing you soonest recovery son.

We will hold down the North until the King return. With a Company man, a Beast, and a Mangler. Hopefully we'd hold it down :)

I don't blame Southgate or any national team coach for playing their players. They have such limited opportunities to play together you have to think the coach has to take those opportunities when they come. Also don't think Pep blamed So
Fixtures Stones will miss if he is out for a full 6 weeks:

- Feyenoord H (UCL)
- Huddersfield A
- Southampton H
- West Ham H
- Shakhtar A (UCL)
- Man United A
- Swansea A
- Tottenham H
- Leicester A (CC)
- Bournemouth H
- Newcastle A

Really not overly concerned barring injury. I keep thinking if I'm being over confident, but don't think I am. Only game I think we may miss him is Tottenham. Obviously our centerbacks will have more games, but think we can handle it without him. Now the risk is if any of our centerbacks pick up a knock we will be stretched.

I don't blame Southgate or any national team coach for playing their players. They have such limited opportunities to play together you have to think the coach has to take those opportunities when they come. Also don't think Pep blamed So

Really not overly concerned barring injury. I keep thinking if I'm being over confident, but don't think I am. Only game I think we may miss him is Tottenham. Obviously our centerbacks will have more games, but think we can handle it without him. Now the risk is if any of our centerbacks pick up a knock we will be stretched.
Yeah but Southgate didn’t have to play him for 180 minutes either. Against Brazil he already looked like he pulled something if you remember but kept playing. Southgate should’ve taken him out right then and there.

This is a shame, but most of our key players will pick up injuries this season. On the plus side this lay off may reduce his fatigue at the business end of the season.

All this hysteria and carrying on about him playing for England is a little bit whinney in my view. Further to it all it is suggested he will be out for UPTO 6 weeks, he is a young fit lad and might well recover quicker. I would not to be to surprised to see him lining up against the foul smelling peasants.

Now I will agree it is perhaps the one position we are a bit vulnerable and an injury to Otamendi or Kompany right now could cause a problem. I would suspect that is an area that must be dealt with in January...May I suggest either of Stones England partners, Gomez or Maguire or both would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.