John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't seem to 'get' how to play in a high-line system. Another example first half last night when the ball went up to their centre forward around the halfway line, and rather than being straight up his ass challenging for it, he just dropped five yards off and allowed the guy to bring it down, turn and run at him. Happens too often.

Nowhere close to giving up hope that he realises his potential. And I think there have been signs of him becoming more aggressive, as he desperately needs to. But he has to become more consistent in his positioning, and lose the ingrained instinct to back off all the time.

Well he played them onside and then stood marking no one while Rooney scored. Call me cynical but surely a decent defender never mind someone as lauded as Stones might just see the danger and intervene.?

Will have the easiest job in football this season playing in the centre of a back 3 in this side. Will barely have any defending to do and most of his passing will be 10 yards sideways to either VK or NO. Wont have to take responsibility for anything. A complete waste of a player.

Definitely poor for their goal.

Played them onside then stuck his arm in the air claiming offside allowing Rooney the space to get his shot away.

But thats Stones isnt it? I have always said he is fine until he has to do any defending. A truly fantastic trait for any defender to have.

The weakest of our CBs for me and by some margin.

If we sign Evans and switch to a 4 at the back, will Stones ever get a game? I'm with you, I think he is our weakest CB and its not even close. A cynic might even suggest that one of the drivers to us switching to a back 3 was to accommodate Peps £50m CB.

He's absolutely shite and if we dropped him and went back to a 4 we'd get Sane or Sterling into the team easily. Biggest myth about average John is that he's this great footballer. He's the spare man in the 3 and all he ever does is play it square to Kompany or Otamendi. He never steps forward and creates a thing.

His confidence is shot..... the whole purpose of him playing in the middle of the 3 is to bring the ball out, he's not even doing that anymore. The penny has to drop with him sooner or later or this could be another expensive, defensive flop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.