John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His confidence is shot..... the whole purpose of him playing in the middle of the 3 is to bring the ball out, he's not even doing that anymore. The penny has to drop with him sooner or later or this could be another expensive, defensive flop!

If we stick with the back 3, would you not consider swapping him and VK so Stones sees more of the ball? Seems strange to me that we currently have our ball-playing CB seeing less of the ball than the other two. We've seen VK and NO striding forward into midfield with the ball, surely Stones is a better bet for this? If Stones isnt doing this, then I am not sure what he is doing.

Starting to worry about this lad his concentration is poor his backing off when defending is worrying he needs to step up or Pep will end up benching him.

If we stick with the back 3, would you not consider swapping him and VK so Stones sees more of the ball? Seems strange to me that we currently have our ball-playing CB seeing less of the ball than the other two. We've seen VK and NO striding forward into midfield with the ball, surely Stones is a better bet for this? If Stones isnt doing this, then I am not sure what he is doing.
Problem then though is defensively Stones would get dragged out and would do his usual 'drop deep, drop deeper, drop deeper, don't challenge, wait till he's in the box, drop deeper, oh it's a goal' routine, whereas Kompany and Otamendi tend to deal with the threat more often than not.

Problem then though is defensively Stones would get dragged out and would do his usual 'drop deep, drop deeper, drop deeper, don't challenge, wait till he's in the box, drop deeper, oh it's a goal' routine, whereas Kompany and Otamendi tend to deal with the threat more often than not.

I agree with your argument but that means we are left with a ball playing CB who doesn't see the ball and a defender we don't trust to defend. Sounds very much like a £50m dud that, doesn't it?

He is not reliable if we want to challenge for the title,also hate that he doesnt mark centre fowards tightly just allows them to bring the ball down and make a pass,needs to learn that from Kompany who does that so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.