John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does need to wake up. That’s three big errors since he’s come back. I’m sure with games he’ll get back to his best level but at present he looks like the player from last season.

Stones has been arguably the best City player since September/October, his current struggles can be explained by recent injury. I wouldn't be surprised by such post in June (admittedly, I was holding the same opinion), right now it sounds almost insane, sorry.

I think Nico and Kyle have been the stand out defenders this season by a country mile. Each to their own.

Nastasic would struggle to give away goals in 4 consecutive games, that’s for sure.

Since 2015, Stones has had a period of about 3 months where he’s looked like an elite talent, and that came against parked buses where all he had to do was retrieve long balls and pass it.
I think we've reached a point when there is no point to even discuss this topic furthermore. :)

I think Nico and Kyle have been the stand out defenders this season by a country mile. Each to their own.

This, I don’t agree with writing Stones off although he has been poor. But this is correct, he hasn’t even been the standout defender, Nico and Kyle all day, although Stones has been good too.

I don't think he's trained on. It would be a surprise if we sold him but only because Pep has such faith in his potential. At some point if he doesn't improve sufficiently that faith may wane.

Nico's just signed a 4 year contract, he's going nowhere. If Laporte hits the ground running I don't think it's unthinkable that we'd sell stones.

hes just come back from injury. are we really at the point of selling someone for not playing amazing after a few games ? the entire season pretty much he's improved and has shown he is good enough. i find your post a complete overreaction and as above almost insane.... if sterling doesnt play well for a few games, despite showing amazing form/potential should we sell him as well ?

top of the league and stones has been a big part of that and now you're talking about selling him ...... makes no sense at all. games against napoli, chelsea and others he was brilliant. why would we sell someone with the potential to play like that.

hes just come back from injury. are we really at the point of selling someone for not playing amazing after a few games ? the entire season pretty much he's improved and has shown he is good enough. i find your post a complete overreaction and as above almost insane.... if sterling doesnt play well for a few games, despite showing amazing form/potential should we sell him as well ?

top of the league and stones has been a big part of that and now you're talking about selling him ...... makes no sense at all. games against napoli, chelsea and others he was brilliant. why would we sell someone with the potential to play like that.

I'm obviously not as easily amazed as you.

I don't think he was "amazing" earlier this season. Played very well on occasion but as others have said he hasn't reached the levels of Nico and Kyle.

I'm obviously not as easily amazed as you.

I don't think he was "amazing" earlier this season. Played very well on occasion but as others have said he hasn't reached the levels of Nico and Kyle.

Fair enough that's your opinion. I think he was one of our best if not best defender before his injury. I think most city fans think that as well and he has absolutely reached the levels of nico and Kyle.

Only an opinion though.

Left out of the squad last night? Injured? Or was this a blatant message from Guardiola to get his act together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.