John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be Thiago/ Xhaka and Griezmann over Pogba. Griezmann has GOT to be our number one target.
Nothing we've done suggests Griezmann is on our radar, talk less our # 1 target.

Most insications: suggests the following 4 ate high on our list: Gundogan, Pogba, Stones, Larpote. Steegen may be the 5. Everyone else seem a function of whether we are able to get the guys we want or not. Specifically, Pogba.

Nothing we've done suggests Griezmann is on our radar, talk less our # 1 target.

Most insications: suggests the following 4 ate high on our list: Gundogan, Pogba, Stones, Larpote. Steegen may be the 5. Everyone else seem a function of whether we are able to get the guys we want or not. Specifically, Pogba.
do we really need stones and steegen? I'm not sure we have learnt from previous seasons. We have to spend money on players that will make us win the epl, not
fanciful names or fanciful footballers. I hear the phrase, 'he is (not) a Pep player' and it does my head in not because there's anything wrong with buying players that hold the ideals of the manager but because we seen to have our priorities wrong. Who and who will make us champions again should be the first question in the minds of every fan but all we seem to care about is finding out players who can fit to peps system. Hopefully Pep would understand better. Let me add some flesh to what I'm saying, lately, he's been using Vidal more often and that decision has proven to be quite a pragmatic one as Vidal isn't doing badly
too in a 'Pep system'. I'd be happier to see our new Manger show his flexibility in dealing with demands of a new league than have him play eye-catching football and still loose. Ter Stegen and Stones know how to pass from the back but this not a priority. Also, both players will significantly reduce the average age of the squad which is good, but again there are more important goals to be achieved.

do we really need stones and steegen? I'm not sure we have learnt from previous seasons. We have to spend money on players that will make us win the epl, not
fanciful names or fanciful footballers. I hear the phrase, 'he is (not) a Pep player' and it does my head in not because there's anything wrong with buying players that hold the ideals of the manager but because we seen to have our priorities wrong. Who and who will make us champions again should be the first question in the minds of every fan but all we seem to care about is finding out players who can fit to peps system. Hopefully Pep would understand better. Let me add some flesh to what I'm saying, lately, he's been using Vidal more often and that decision has proven to be quite a pragmatic one as Vidal isn't doing badly
too in a 'Pep system'. I'd be happier to see our new Manger show his flexibility in dealing with demands of a new league than have him play eye-catching football and still loose. Ter Stegen and Stones know how to pass from the back but this not a priority. Also, both players will significantly reduce the average age of the squad which is good, but again there are more important goals to be achieved.
I was simply guessing at those we've been linked to. But for what it is worth, who says who would help us win the championship is not the question being asked? Just coz you disagree with the answer doesn't mean it is not the question.

I mean, isn't that always the initial question? The difference is in philosophies of how to answer that question. So far Pep has cherished possession as the underlying principle of achieving that. Seeing how often he has won leagues, I think I'd give him the benefit of doubt.

I don't think anybody really knows who all of Pep's targets are, we have been linked with every man and his dog.

It's just an opinion of mine that I feel he should be made a priority. Reason being is that Sterling hasn't lived up to his hype and he's been pretty below par this season. If we sell Bony, we need another player to replace him, especially if Aguero gets injured as you can't just rely on a 19 year old kid to lead the line on his own up front.

With the Griezmann signing, as already mentioned you are killing 2 birds with one stone. Not only can he play as a lone striker, but he can play as an inside forward/ inverted winger too. So if Aguero does get injured, he can be trusted to lead the line and when Aguero is in the team, he can play in Sterlings position as an inside forward. After all, Pep Guardiola loves his wide men that can hug the touch line and make the pitch wide, but he also likes his attacking players to make diagonal runs through the middle in behind the oppositions defence and score goals, ala Pedro and David Villa at Barca. He would fit Pep's philosophy to an absolute tee.

He is literally the most perfect signing we could make for me. Like I said, if we don't go all out for Pogba, I would be happy blowing out budget on this man and signing a player like Xhaka or a player like Thiago who would be considerably cheaper than Pogba.

Aguero and Griezmann in the same team would be unplayable.

I don't think anybody really knows who all of Pep's targets are, we have been linked with every man and his dog.

It's just an opinion of mine that I feel he should be made a priority. Reason being is that Sterling hasn't lived up to his hype and he's been pretty below par this season. If we sell Bony, we need another player to replace him, especially if Aguero gets injured as you can't just rely on a 19 year old kid to lead the line on his own up front.

With the Griezmann signing, as already mentioned you are killing 2 birds with one stone. Not only can he play as a lone striker, but he can play as an inside forward/ inverted winger too. So if Aguero does get injured, he can be trusted to lead the line and when Aguero is in the team, he can play in Sterlings position as an inside forward. After all, Pep Guardiola loves his wide men that can hug the touch line and make the pitch wide, but he also likes his attacking players to make diagonal runs through the middle in behind the oppositions defence and score goals, ala Pedro and David Villa at Barca. He would fit Pep's philosophy to an absolute tee.

He is literally the most perfect signing we could make for me. Like I said, if we don't go all out for Pogba, I would be happy blowing out budget on this man and signing a player like Xhaka or a player like Thiago who would be considerably cheaper than Pogba.

I agree with this so much, Griezmann has been a dream signing for a while for me. Unfortunately I haven't seen anything to make me believe that's we're interested in him, or that Atletico would consider selling him, or even that he wants to leave.

-----------------------------Xhaka
----------------------------------Gundogan
-------------------De Bruyne
-----Griezmann-----------------------------Sterling
-----------------------------Aguero

or

-----------------------------Xhaka
---------------Fernandinho------Gundogan
-----Griezmann------------------------------De Bruyne
-----------------------------Aguero

Lethal.

I'm with you on the theory, was just pointing out we have not had ant strong links to him.

If we do get him, Id be excited. The only thing I disagree with you on is Nacho not being able to lead the line. He has shown time and time again, he is capable. Frankly I want Griezmann coz I think we need better wingers. Right now we have Sterling and Navas. Navas is at best a backup, Sterling may or may not take to our style. So the need for a scoring winger is high, even if Sterling improved, the other side needs a competent scoring speed merchant.

So Griezmann works. Was just saying it doesn't look likely.
I want DeBryune in a Muller kind of role. Playing everywhere in the frontline, bit primarily at AM. If we don't get a starting winger, DeBryune will have to play outside mostly.

I do hope we get one. I think Athletico will balk at selling Griezmann. But I can hope. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.