John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I disagree with your claim, and have used video to show it was primarily the midfielder who inexplicable decided to let Martial go that was really at fault. But that's neither here nor there. We'll agree to disagree.

The point here is anytime anyone wants to argue how shitty Stones is, they base it on single instances in games across a season. The truth is you could do the same for Kompany. The inexplicable no man's land missed header against Aston Villa, the shank against Liverpool, th crocrodile necking against Bayern etc. If I search my brain long enough I can come up with 20 example s easy. And if I decide to start using the silly logic of trying to accuse him for being at fault anytime he is around the area, I can easily add another 20 more. And this wouldn't include the ones that didn't lead to goals.

It is all nice and good we love Denayer and he will develop, but it's not just playing it in the back, it's organizing players to comfortably beat presses. Even Kompany at 30 isn't doing that. This is a skill far beyond his age. I don't know why you guys don't see it. It's that clear

No I don't. But I can assure you it's probably no more than Ota's, Mangalas or any averagely good defender in the league. And there in lies the error in reasoning. Reputation has led many to conclude he loses his man anymore than say Kompany. He doesn't. They lose their men at about the same rate.

Actually if history is prelude, most here would have been all about him, as he wouldn't have the made up commentary based bad reputation... For fuck sake, Mangala!!!!

On this we absolutely agree. He's done nothing to deserve the hype of being a goal causing shit defender.
Well don't think he is miles off. Expensive? Yes. Good? I have no doubts.

Whether he becomes a genius defender or not, if you picked Kompany's worst ever ten games defensively, it would be comparable to Stones' typical ten.

There is currently no comparison as defenders. Kompany is the best Stones is average to poor & is proving it pretty much every week. He is also questionable regarding 'bottle' & that is my biggest concern.

It may be possible to iron out many of his defensive flaws but if he's going to stand flat footed whilst a striker jumps above him for a free header, you can't teach that. You can only hope he finds more fight.

Look don't sign Stones and I'll explain to Pep when I see him. No panic.

Until we actually make a bid or see a public statement, we don't even know we want him. There's been speculation in the papers, but if we went with what we've read, we'd have a squad of about 70 players come August.

I'm still not convinced about his basic defensive abilities, but if Pep wants him, I hope we get him. But we don't even know he wants him yet.

Until we actually make a bid or see a public statement, we don't even know we want him. There's been speculation in the papers, but if we went with what we've read, we'd have a squad of about 70 players come August.

I'm still not convinced about his basic defensive abilities, but if Pep wants him, I hope we get him. But we don't even know he wants him yet.

I think it is reasonably safe to assume that City have a strong interest in Stones and that he is receptive to the idea of swapping royal blue for sky blue but, as always with this sort of thing, until a deal is actually done, it is best not to get carried away one way or another, imo.

What this debate and plenty of other player specific ones show, is that a lot of us don't have a clue about how good or bad any number of players are: the divergence in views is fascinating and we can't all be right. On this player, I will trust the views of the likes of Pep and Alan Hansen over but even they get things wrong.

You'll also find that because Utd are also linked, the redmooners wont all be rushing in to tell us he's rubbish.

Stones and his agent are trying to push through the move to City apparently, so we should progress on that front soon.
If true it looks like Laporte will also join, meaning Mangala is out, I hope city insert a buy back clause, Mangala will be class with guidance from a good manager.

Ok if this is true somebody beyond DeMichelis is going to be leaving. And this is not including Denayer.
Most likely be Mangala, Denayer can play right back and has done a lot, so he'll more then likely be used in that role.

Again I think city are risking ALOT on two young cb's in Laporte and Stones, All the positive media had a negative effect on stones, he already started to think he was John Terry and he had a terrible end to the season, making a lot of defensive mistakes, yes that could be coached out of him but at his price tag he should be ready to go. Laporte is a player like stones but would be new to the prem, which is a lot more faster and physical then Spain, yeah he is good on the ball but that's easier to do in Spain when there's not as much pressure on the player.", are we really going to partner them up next season, I think that's a bad partnership to start the season with.

Again I think city are risking ALOT on two young cb's in Laporte and Stones, All the positive media had a negative effect on stones, he already started to think he was John Terry and he had a terrible end to the season, making a lot of defensive mistakes, yes that could be coached out of him but at his price tag he should be ready to go. Laporte is a player like stones but would be new to the prem, which is a lot more faster and physical then Spain, yeah he is good on the ball but that's easier to do in Spain when there's not as much pressure on the player.", are we really going to partner them up next season, I think that's a bad partnership to start the season with.

This is where having one of the best managers in the world comes in...the potential is there, the system is the right fit and the best manager to bring out those talents.....Pep wants these players, so must feel his system will bring out the best in them....I feel the same about Sane(winger)...young with lots of potential and if Pep feels the system and his coaching will make each of these players world class....then his track record shows Pep can do it! ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.