John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a hard one to call comparing Stones to the likes of Denayer and/or Mangala. All are young’ish players with very different backgrounds but all are either in or on the fringes of decent National sides.

Right now I think we have invested a lot of time and money in Mangala and Denayer and we should give them both a chance to step up this season and make the spot there’s.

Timing wise Stones next year when MDM leaves would be a good move so buying him now and loaning him back would also be worth a look. As for the price £30m+ seems about right for me for a young and very promising England player. I’d be happy to force Chelsea up to £35m to get him.

That could arguably said of any centre half in the world though. Chelsea's centre backs get so much more protection from their midfield purely because of their shape.

I don't think we need Stones but wouldn't like to see him at Chelsea either.
It means they can sign players we can't.

Personally I think JT & Cahill would be a fucking nightmare in City's team. It's a really tough job playing cb in City's team. Not something any Tom Dick or Harry can do. Someone like Stones would take a long time to get used to it imo, if he ever did. Wheras Denayer has been playing that way all his life.

It means they can sign players we can't.

Personally I think JT & Cahill would be a fucking nightmare in City's team. It's a really tough job playing cb in City's team. Not something any Tom Dick or Harry can do. Someone like Stones would take a long time to get used to it imo, if he ever did. Wheras Denayer has been playing that way all his life.
Completely agree, Terry's career looked finished when AVB was at Chelsea, but now he's back under Mourinho people were clamouring for him to be player of the season last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if centre half becomes our most filled position from the academy in years to come.

I can't see City getting Stones even if we are interested because we have Kompany and Mangala whilst CFC have Terry who obviously is on his way out. Stones will want to play, and his prospects of doing so at Chelsea are much greater.

Don't think there's anything in this. A centre half isn't a priority.

Completely agree, Terry's career looked finished when AVB was at Chelsea, but now he's back under Mourinho people were clamouring for him to be player of the season last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if centre half becomes our most filled position from the academy in years to come.

Was it under AVB when they played the high line against Arsenal and were ripped apart?

It’s a hard one to call comparing Stones to the likes of Denayer and/or Mangala. All are young’ish players with very different backgrounds but all are either in or on the fringes of decent National sides.

Right now I think we have invested a lot of time and money in Mangala and Denayer and we should give them both a chance to step up this season and make the spot there’s.

Timing wise Stones next year when MDM leaves would be a good move so buying him now and loaning him back would also be worth a look. As for the price £30m+ seems about right for me for a young and very promising England player. I’d be happy to force Chelsea up to £35m to get him.

Was just about to put the same thing....spooky!

Don't think there's anything in this. A centre half isn't a priority.
It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a centre half, because I disagree that this isn't a priority area for us, and Stones would be an excellent choice. Young, English, extremely promising, and it would weaken a major rival if they don't get him and piss Mourinho right off as well. Obviously I'm speaking as someone who does think a new centre back should be a high priority, but I fail to see a downside to this signing.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a centre half, because I disagree that this isn't a priority area for us, and Stones would be an excellent choice. Young, English, extremely promising, and it would weaken a major rival if they don't get him and piss Mourinho right off as well. Obviously I'm speaking as someone who does think a new centre back should be a high priority, but I fail to see a downside to this signing.

The downside is if you don't think he's better than the 4 we have or necessarily a better prospect than the ones we have in the Academy. That's my position on it. Sign Stones we weaken the team imo. Looking at Chelsea the other night & Zouma looking like Bambi on acid on ice Stones probably strengthens them, hence they probably want him & we probably don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.