John Worboys - serial rapist

For one moment for get the 100 offences he didnt get charged with, forget the poitics behind his release. forget everything except that he was charged with raping a woman. Does anybody belive 8 years is a sufficient sentence ? you effectively destroy a persons (and their families) life and yet some judge thought 8 years was ok. I acept he said 8 was the minimum but come on.

For one moment for get the 100 offences he didnt get charged with, forget the poitics behind his release. forget everything except that he was charged with raping a woman. Does anybody belive 8 years is a sufficient sentence ? you effectively destroy a persons (and their families) life and yet some judge thought 8 years was ok. I acept he said 8 was the minimum but come on.

Fucking scandalous sentencing for rape.

Fucking scandalous sentencing for rape.

and of course it wasnt just a rape, he was convicted of many indecent assaults with the aggravating factor that he drugged the women. I accept the judge sentenced him to an indefinate sentence (which they later decided was illegal under European law) but it was the judge who said he had to serve a minimum of 8 years. What did the judge think would happen ? that they would keep him for 20 years ? In which case he should have had a minimum sentence of 25 years. Yet again we are let down by an awfully outdated old boy justice system.

He has done just short of 10 yrs all in, but I agree. The CPS have some major questions to answer here in my view. Justice was not done for scores of women who came forward and gave statements, but they didnt proceed with their complaints on the indictment because they decided they had enough to secure a sufficient sentence. Well, clearly not.

Is there any reason, upon his release, they could arrest him and charge him with the other offences that have come to light? Or, I'm guessing that the evidence is flimsy at best, otherwise they'd have done this already and extended his sentence.

Is there any reason, upon his release, they could arrest him and charge him with the other offences that have come to light? Or, I'm guessing that the evidence is flimsy at best, otherwise they'd have done this already and extended his sentence.
Was going to ask this, there's potentially another hundred charges there to hit him with.

Was going to ask this, there's potentially another hundred charges there to hit him with.
Yep. I keep reading that he's responsible for over 100 rapes and sexual assaults. Well, as unpalatable as it is, he isn't. He's responsible for what he's been convicted of - so why not charge him with the other offences?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.