John Worboys - serial rapist

Is there any reason, upon his release, they could arrest him and charge him with the other offences that have come to light? Or, I'm guessing that the evidence is flimsy at best, otherwise they'd have done this already and extended his sentence.
I dont think they can now. The police presented the evidence from these women to the CPS and the CPS decided at the time not to proceed with them as they decided they had enough evidence to get a sentence that reflected what he had done. Which was a very bad decision and not serving justice. To revisit those now would be an abuse of process I think, because they are not new offences. The CPS fucked this up very badly and heads should roll imo.

I dont think they can now. The police presented the evidence from these women to the CPS and the CPS decided at the time not to proceed with them as they decided they had enough evidence to get a sentence that reflected what he had done. Which was a very bad decision and not serving justice. To revisit those now would be an abuse of process I think, because they are not new offences. The CPS fucked this up very badly and heads should roll imo.
Yowza. Some fucker needs pulling up over this.

He was sentenced to life in prison, how has he managed to get out after only 10 years.

Something is very fishy here.

He was sentenced to life in prison, how has he managed to get out after only 10 years.

Something is very fishy here.

He wasnt sentenced to life. The then Labour govt brought out a sentence basically called an indeterminate sentence. The judge gave him this with a minimum of 8 years. The idea being he could be kept in prison until they decided he was safe to be released. in other words 20-30 years. Indeterminate sentences were due to be challenged at the European Court of Human Rights as it was felt it was wrong for a prisoner not to know his release date. The Government were told that they would lose this fight and all prisoners held in this way would be held illegally, for that reason we have had a rush to clear the prisons so he got out. It has been an almighty cock up but this is just one of many, how many other dangerous bastards have been released that we don't know about ?

Prison population is extremely high, there happy to let anyone go early and thought this evil bastard could slip out quietly, its backfired.

If the deterrent has been achieved, and the prisoner is believed to be no longer a danger, they should be let out right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.