John Worboys - serial rapist

I dont think they can now. The police presented the evidence from these women to the CPS and the CPS decided at the time not to proceed with them as they decided they had enough evidence to get a sentence that reflected what he had done. Which was a very bad decision and not serving justice. To revisit those now would be an abuse of process I think, because they are not new offences. The CPS fucked this up very badly and heads should roll imo.
Abuse of process arguments hardly ever get over the line and are usually ran to grandstand for the punter, nothing more.

In the current climate, I’m not sure they will. The whole culture in the CPS around sexual offences has hugely changed since 2009.
I hope they take on the other complaints, it sounds like the advice file will still be in being from before. Nothing to stop this proceeding quickly if the CPS are serious about rectifying this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.