Johnny Marr’s new album

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
video released of a tune about homelessness called the priest. Video made in Manchester and it’s quality.

I wasn’t a fan of his album playland but this album sounds really interesting. Being released spring next year.

Maxine peake is the voice in the video and the young girl in the video is one of the girls in that series about the Oldham/Rochdale Asian paedophile ring.

Think it’s good that it highlights that not everyone who’s homeless is doing crack, smack, spice or drinking.

A tune that has a bit of substance about it, take note Gallagher brothers as it pisses all over ‘tunes’ such as ‘she bangs’ or ‘Chinatown’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.spin.com/2017/12/johnny-marr-maxine-peake-the-priest-video?amp=1

Good on Johnny and can't wait for the new album. If you get the chance to see him live, do it. His voice has improved ten fold from his first tour after The Messenger and with a mix of Smith songs and some pretty damn good solo work, it's a pleasure to watch. His guitar playing is just plain ethereal.

Good on Johnny and can't wait for the new album. If you get the chance to see him live, do it. His voice has improved ten fold from his first tour after The Messenger and with a mix of Smith songs and some pretty damn good solo work, it's a pleasure to watch. His guitar playing is just plain ethereal.

Think I will mate. I wasn’t mad on playland to be honest so didn’t bother on his last tour. Me and my wife got chatting to another couple at the last morrissey gig we went to in town and they were raving about how good Marr was live. He put on a proper feel good show from what they were saying and the atmosphere was really good. Something that morrissey gig lacked it has to be said.

Think I will mate. I wasn’t mad on playland to be honest so didn’t bother on his last tour. Me and my wife got chatting to another couple at the last morrissey gig we went to in town and they were raving about how good Marr was live. He put on a proper feel good show from what they were saying and the atmosphere was really good. Something that morrissey gig lacked it has to be said.

Yeah, definitely do it. Great sing-a-longs and as the other couple said, a real feel good factor. It's just a happy show. I've seen him 5 or 6 times now and honestly, his voice has improved each tour. He's become more comfortable being a front man and it shows. Having a whole crowd singing "There is a Light...." while Johnny just steps back from the mic is brilliant.

I'll echo this, saw him 5 times on his last tour and every show was different, he really mixes it up each night. You can't appreciate artists until you see them live and Marr always seems to deliver, looking forward to his new album and seeing him again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.