Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
20mill would be good business for a massively PL experienced 4th choice CB. He's not reliant on speed, never has been, so if it turns out he can do a job for us, I can see him being here for the next 4 years.
Have you seen how high we defend? It's our lack of pace through the middle that causes most of our problems. None of Stones/Kompany or Otamendi are super quick but Evans makes them look like Usain Bolt.
Finally getting a couple of fullbacks who don't look like they are running through treacle will help but the thought of Evans having to stop a counter attack doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

I really can't get my head around this supposed interest in Evans, especially after the massive outlay for a top young keeper and two top quality full backs. It's comparable to some rich bloke having his Ferraris, Lambo's and Porsches on display on his drive and then sticking an Austin Montego in the middle of them.
Guys with collections of big, fast expensive cars will often have a small, Fiesta or Yaris type car as a runaround. It's not uncommon.

Have you seen how high we defend? It's our lack of pace through the middle that causes most of our problems. None of Stones/Kompany or Otamendi are super quick but Evans makes them look like Usain Bolt.
Finally getting a couple of fullbacks who don't look like they are running through treacle will help but the thought of Evans having to stop a counter attack doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.
We need a good DM to shield the defence and to link the play and start the attacks.

Guys with collections of big, fast expensive cars will often have a small, Fiesta or Yaris type car as a runaround. It's not uncommon.
Think your missing the point, the cars you mention are ok but the Montego was a massive pile of useless shite

We need a good DM to shield the defence and to link the play and start the attacks.
Well until we get one (not this window by the looks of it) I don't think Evans is the answer to whatever the question is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.