Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club are really that keen to go back in for him then I'm fine with it. They will have done their due diligence and will be signing him for a reason. The vast majority of our recent signings have been top notch and I have faith that they obviously see something in Evans that the average fan won't.

Evan's could sign in January and not need the acclimatising period that someone like Martinez would need. It would be very much a depth signing, but that's precisely what we need right now - a steady option that's comfortable on the ball, can play on the left (and potentially as an emergency LB) and will cover for when one of Stones or Otamendi are out and provide rotation.

Way way below. Mind he started off way below and has regressed. I cannot see him being anywhere near an upgrade for The Mangler.

How much of that is West Brom's shocking form, though? They've been collectively horrendous under Pulis this season.

He's an upgrade on Mangala simply because he can confidently play the ball out from the back under pressure. Mangala will never be the type of player that will thrive in this setup and will be gone as soon as he agrees to move to another club (assuming the deal is right for the club as well, i.e not a loan that doesn't benefit us). He can get the job done against a lower table side, but we'll be in trouble if he becomes a first choice due to injury/suspension. Our entire play has taken a hit since Stones has been out, leaving Otamendi the only competent passer - imagine if he's out as well?

How much of that is West Brom's shocking form, though? They've been collectively horrendous under Pulis this season.

He's an upgrade on Mangala simply because he can confidently play the ball out from the back under pressure. Mangala will never be the type of player that will thrive in this setup and will be gone as soon as he agrees to move to another club (assuming the deal is right for the club as well, i.e not a loan that doesn't benefit us). He can get the job done against a lower table side, but we'll be in trouble if he becomes a first choice due to injury/suspension. Our entire play has taken a hit since Stones has been out, leaving Otamendi the only competent passer - imagine if he's out as well?
Kompany is a competent passer too, it just takes him 2-4 games to get back up to speed

Kompany is a competent passer too, it just takes him 2-4 games to get back up to speed

Sadly, you give Kompany 4 games to get up to speed and he'll be injured by the 5th. We need depth and Evans is just that.

I've watched him a fair bit since the link and he's been utter shite. Don't blame Pulis, or other players, HE has been shit. Positionally crap, uncomfortable in dealing with his man, nothing good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.