Jordi Alba.........

Clichy is shit his form is declining and I think Kolarovo is a much better option defensively and offensively. Jordi Abla is shit in my opinion and his form seems to be declining only good thing about him is his burning pace just like Clichy. But that won't get much in the prem you also need a decent cross and be able to stop the a constant flow of crosses. Although Kolarovo is not the best defensively at least he can whip in a excellent cross. As you and I saw against Villa. Don't know why Pellegrini is defiant against choosing Kolarovo as he's the better option even know he can't really defend that well. He offers something going forward whereas Clichy doesn't offer anything to our team except a left back who has speed.

EllisMCFC said:
Clichy is shit his form is declining and I think Kolarovo is a much better option defensively and offensively. Jordi Abla is shit in my opinion and his form seems to be declining only good thing about him is his burning pace just like Clichy. But that won't get much in the prem you also need a decent cross and be able to stop the a constant flow of crosses. Although Kolarovo is not the best defensively at least he can whip in a excellent cross. As you and I saw against Villa. Don't know why Pellegrini is defiant against choosing Kolarovo as he's the better option even know he can't really defend that well. He offers something going forward whereas Clichy doesn't offer anything to our team except a left back who has speed.

Who the fuck's Kolarovo?! Weirdo.

In truth neither Kolarov or Clichy are good enough - Kolarov better than Clichy going forward, Clichy better than Kolarov defensively but both prone to defensive lapses.

Personally don't know who the answer is, but it's neither of those two.

blue ranger said:
In truth neither Kolarov or Clichy are good enough - Kolarov better than Clichy going forward, Clichy better than Kolarov defensively but both prone to defensive lapses.

Clichy is here because he is classed as HG I think, because with our resources surely we can do better? If we get Barkley and sign Milner up for long term contract (to satisfy HG quota) then I would sell Clichy and buy top class LB who is reliable in both ends. Kolarov atleast offers something, but Clichy can't cross to save his life and is very prone to defensive lapses too often. In 2011-12 he was good, but for 2 seasons he has been very average at best. Thank god that Kolarov raised his game last season otherwise we would be completely fucked in that position.

LB is our weakest position by far at the moment in the squad.

MeatHunterrr said:
blue ranger said:

Clichy is here because he is classed as HG I think, because with our resources surely we can do better? If we get Barkley and sign Milner up for long term contract (to satisfy HG quota) then I would sell Clichy and buy top class LB who is reliable in both ends. Kolarov atleast offers something, but Clichy can't cross to save his life and is very prone to defensive lapses too often. In 2011-12 he was good, but for 2 seasons he has been very average at best. Thank god that Kolarov raised his game last season otherwise we would be completely fucked in that position.

Agree mate - as I said neither are good enough tbh. Not sure who the answer is ...... a real lack of quality left backs around.

blue ranger said:
MeatHunterrr said:
blue ranger said:

Agree mate - as I said neither are good enough tbh. Not sure who the answer is ...... a real lack of quality left backs around.
Ricardo Rodriguez could be a shout.. young as well

blue ranger said:

Myth.

Alba is really no better defensively than Clichy but very good going forward, better than Kolarov even, though his crossing might not be as good he is technically excellent so can join in with our passing game, which Kolarov still can be a bit sloppy with. I always fear when I see Kolarov with no passing options on as he's not always good enough to get out of tricky situations.

The issue we have is our fullbacks are very important to the way we play, more so than any other team in the league probably so any issues with them is highlighted more than they would otherwise. We seen the difference when Sagna plays compared to Zaba and Sagna is/was considered to be a good RB. We need very specific type of fullbacks as part of our style.

We have gone over the issues with our LBs many times (Clichy better defensively but not great going forward and vice versa for Kolarov, although not much in it nowadays) and its probably the weakest area of our team just now. Teams seem to be targeting out left hand side recently due to Clichy being out of form and the lack of cover provided with a 442.

I would like us to be looking out for a young LB as both Clichy and Kolarov are getting on now and start blooding them into the team, hopefully for them to be first choice within the next few years. I haven't been watching our youth recently, maybe someone knows if there is a prospect coming through?

Uptopbob said:
Alba is really no better defensively than Clichy but very good going forward, better than Kolarov even, though his crossing might not be as good he is technically excellent so can join in with our passing game, which Kolarov still can be a bit sloppy with. I always fear when I see Kolarov with no passing options on as he's not always good enough to get out of tricky situations.

The issue we have is our fullbacks are very important to the way we play, more so than any other team in the league probably so any issues with them is highlighted more than they would otherwise. We seen the difference when Sagna plays compared to Zaba and Sagna is/was considered to be a good RB. We need very specific type of fullbacks as part of our style.

We have gone over the issues with our LBs many times (Clichy better defensively but not great going forward and vice versa for Kolarov, although not much in it nowadays) and its probably the weakest area of our team just now. Teams seem to be targeting out left hand side recently due to Clichy being out of form and the lack of cover provided with a 442.

I would like us to be looking out for a young LB as both Clichy and Kolarov are getting on now and start blooding them into the team, hopefully for them to be first choice within the next few years. I haven't been watching our youth recently, maybe someone knows if there is a prospect coming through?

I honestly think if we can get Rodriguez in the next summer window for Kolarov and wait it out with Clichy until Angelino comes good we will be set. Short term we need to start with Milner on the left and Silva right as Zaba is better and so is Kompany so when Silva drifts in the effect on the right side is less that when he does so when he plays LM.

Read some comments on a Spanish report of him being linked with the Manchester clubs. Many comments along the line of "Should we gift wrap him?"... should give an indication of how Barca fans feel about Alba. He's tiny and would be eaten alive here. Kolarov is much better for the English game.

Watch Kurzawa for Monaco against PSG on BT Sport, now this is a boy who would probably slot into the English game and our style well. And as Danamy has said, we've looked at him. He and Kolarov would be a good set of LBs, but Clichy has the homegrown asterisk next to his name so him leaving would depend on us getting HG in other positions I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.