Jose Gimenez

Who would Gimenez (or Stones) replace if Mangala, Kompany, Ota and Denayer are in the squad??

MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 5h5 hours ago
Eliaquim Mangala is now set to stay at City this summer, after they failed to sign Aymeric Laporte. [Star]

Cld6w87WkAAEfHO.jpg

10 retweets35 likes

I'm happy with this I actually like Mangala and feel he deserves a chance under Pep.

Sorry all...dont give me a hard time for it(just my opinion!) but I just dont see anything in Mangala's game that shows he's a Pep CB....if we end up going with Managla as our starting CB, its only because we missed on Laporte, Gimenez and Stones....The fact that our two main, long term targets have been central defenders and that we tried to loan him out last summer, shows the club dont have much confidence in him....He's big and strong and can man-mark a big and strong striker but he's never going to be the ball playing CB Pep wants and his reading of the game is poor...I'd keep him on the squad as a backup if someone gets injured but in my opinion, I dont want to see him anywhere near the starting 11....I guess I'm outnumbered in my view but just being honest!;)

Sorry all...dont give me a hard time for it(just my opinion!) but I just dont see anything in Mangala's game that shows he's a Pep CB....if we end up going with Managla as our starting CB, its only because we missed on Laporte, Gimenez and Stones....The fact that our two main, long term targets have been central defenders and that we tried to loan him out last summer, shows the club dont have much confidence in him....He's big and strong and can man-mark a big and strong striker but he's never going to be the ball playing CB Pep wants and his reading of the game is poor...I'd keep him on the squad as a backup if someone gets injured but in my opinion, I dont want to see him anywhere near the starting 11....I guess I'm outnumbered in my view but just being honest!;)

Mangala reminds me of Boateng. Not necessarily great at defending, but athletic enough to be able to recover and sufficiently put someone off until help / cover arrives. He still needs to develop granted, but remember that Boateng stayed in the Bayern Team under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.