Jose Mourinho

Should just retire and enjoy his millions, football left him behind years ago. If Simeone decided to jack it in he'd be a perfect fit at Athletico, a master of shithousery and nothing else.

His ego would never let him.

Offer him a 2/3 year deal only.

Successful clubs build something nowadays rather than chasing short-term glory. We did it with Mancini but I feel like since Klopp and Pep have moulded their identities into their clubs, others will want to follow suit given the massive success of us and relative success of Liverpool.

A true footballing great but, as others have said, the game started going past him during his last, last year at Chelsea. In many ways I think the awful incident with Eva Carneiro broke the mystique around him and he's never quite been the same since. The ultimate Mourinho team were that treble-winning Inter side from 2010 and he's never captured the same magic.

Something changed in him when he went to Madrid, in my opinion, and that moment with Carneiro was the first big nail. As much as he was able to produce the goods in Spain and for a bit on his return to Chelsea, his victories have become smaller and less significant. It's been 13 years since he last won the Champions League, six years since he last won the Europa League.

He was a bloody excellent pundit during his brief stints out of a job. You can tell he's a proper student of the game. I'd watch Sky Sports pre-match build-up more often if he was on it regularly. It's always worth listening to what managers like him have to say about the game, especially someone who influenced it as much as he did between 2002 and 2006. But I think that's where he belongs now rather than on the touchline.

I’m genuinely curious as to which clubs you feel that he’s destroyed in the long-term.
I meant the long term when he's in charge, he can win you a trophy in his first season or second, but by the third his relationship with the players is totally broken and the atmosphere is poisonous.

united and i will always be thankful to him for that, yes he won three trophies and finished second to us which was his greatest achievement but the money he spent on aging stars and the way he poisoned the dressing room to do it absolutely destroyed them for the foreseeable so thanks for that jose.

The rot set in before Mourinho. He didn’t help of course but the fact they keep burning through managers and nothing ever changes says everything. Their problems run a lot deeper than the bloke in the dugout.

I think the awful incident with Eva Carneiro broke the mystique around him and he's never quite been the same since.
I'm in agreement with you on that one, 100%. I felt the same: I think he knows he went way over the top with her and he's been trying to live it down ever since. People who were undecided about him at the time soon realised the man is a grade A çunt. He hung her out to dry simply because she was doing her job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.