Josh you legend

Josh did a great job.

However it would be very rare for future City games to have so little coverage. There are normally some foreign streams somewhere but with the BBC dropping it so late, nowhere seemed to have it.

I can't see a legitimate way to fight the PL/FA trying to eliminate it. Even if someone broadcast the match live for the fans, with so much CCTV at matches and such big money at stake you imagine the PL/FA would hunt the cameraman and take action after the match.

Hopefully Josh will be OK, but I doubt we will see a periscope broadcast on that scale at City matches again.

Josh did a great job.

However it would be very rare for future City games to have so little coverage. There are normally some foreign streams somewhere but with the BBC dropping it so late, nowhere seemed to have it.

I can't see a legitimate way to fight the PL/FA trying to eliminate it. Even if someone broadcast the match live for the fans, with so much CCTV at matches and such big money at stake you imagine the PL/FA would hunt the cameraman and take action after the match.

Hopefully Josh will be OK, but I doubt we will see a periscope broadcast on that scale at City matches again.
What can they do if most of the away end are doing it?

They shouldn't see this as a issue at the moment. The simple fact is that it is rare to get a decent data signal at most premiership grounds. It does improve once the match is on the way, but you need a good amount to upstream at a decent quality.

I don't see what the problem is with what Josh did any way. No broadcaster lost out because it wasn't be broadcast anywhere else.
Given the choice of a shaky handheld periscope feed or proper SKY/foreign channel or stream, most will opt for the latter.
Broadcasters need to face up to the fact that there is a need for people in the UK to get access to ALL matches. People will pay (up to a certain amount any way)
Keep the existing arrangement and people will "see a need fill a need".

I loved what Josh did, and i enjoyed the uniqueness of it. But i welcome back my normal method of match hunting....SKY/Motorised Dish/Kodi.

Cundy on talksport last night said a chelsea fan streamed live from the stand of the the Bristol cup game and was banned for life

They can woman all they like about it but it was a cup game that no-one was showing so what's the problem here?

If someone does a PL 3pm game that is not on telly then why its it any skin off the PL nose?

What can they do if most of the away end are doing it?
In reality I can't see this happening. Recording a game in a decent way for a full match requires a lot of effort and decent kit.

Only a handful of people would sacrifice their own enjoyment of the match for others. Josh apparently did it for his grandad.

Most matches are adequately broadcast and it isn't necessary. If broadcasters are losing money they will take action to force the club's to use CCTV and stewards etc. to stamp it out.

I watched Josh's stream and it was great to get some coverage. I just can't see the broadcasters/FA/PL allowing it to develop if it effects their revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.