Joshua Kimmich

Blame Google!!!

No problem mate, of course everyone says they don't want to leave. If he'd said "I'm not leaving", that would be something. The fact he didn't say that shows there's truth to the reports that he's unhappy with the current situation at Bayern.

"I don't want to leave... But I may have to"

No problem mate, of course everyone says they don't want to leave. If he'd said "I'm not leaving", that would be something. The fact he didn't say that shows there's truth to the reports that he's unhappy with the current situation at Bayern.

"I don't want to leave... But I may have to"

As much as I respect @Maldeika, I think there's a chance of this being pulled off. Ancelotti will remain there, and I'm not sure where Kimmich fits in.

As much as I respect @Maldeika, I think there's a chance of this being pulled off. Ancelotti will remain there, and I'm not sure where Kimmich fits in.
3 years left on the contract, so not possible, I'm afraid. The opinion that "contracts now mean nothing" is a myth. Bayern's board will probably say something like "wait for a year, we'll get rid of the Italian soon" behind the curtains.

Nothing particularly new in this article on Kicker, but the gist of it is that Kimmich wants clarity on his squad status from Ancelotti - clarity that other clubs will give him, as well as a position in midfield which he sees a his better position than RB. Interest, apparently, from Barca, Atletico, City, Man Utd and RB Leipzig.

Bayern say these are just rumours, he has a contract, he'll definitely stay, etc etc. Kimmich's people refuse to comment on any of the transfer rumours.

"wait for a year, we'll get rid of the Italian soon" behind the curtains.

The whole point of this unhappiness from Kimmich is that he feels he's wasted a year already and doesn't want to miss any more. If that was going to placate him, we'd never have heard about his unhappiness.

As for contracts...they are pretty much meaningless. If a player is prepared to force a move and become unhappy, clubs will choose to sell 99.9% of the time rather than deal with a sulking, poorly motivated influence in the dressing room all season. Especially with clubs like Bayern and Juve who think playing for them should be the greatest honour of your life - not wanting to be there goes down very poorly.

3 years left on the contract, so not possible, I'm afraid. The opinion that "contracts now mean nothing" is a myth. Bayern's board will probably say something like "wait for a year, we'll get rid of the Italian soon" behind the curtains.

You're correct that the knives could be out for Carlo, certainly Bayern weren't firing on all cylinders this year and it's highly possible he doesn't see a third year at the club without an upturn, particularly in the CL.

That said, it's not clear Kimmich would be willing to accept the reduced play time in the interim, particularly if it damages his international aspirations. In fact, he's already feeling li

Further, to a certain extent contracts now do mean little;
1. Kimmich could have a buy out clause, which, if met, would remove Bayern from the equation entirely.
2. If he doesn't have such a clause, but still requests to leave, the club will feel obliged to accommodate, keeping in mind the massive money he would bring in would vastly outweigh the value of an increasingly disgruntled bench player who has lost his goodwill for the club.

Kroos had a year left on his contract didn't he?

Yes that's the reason they sold him for a low fee to Real Madrid because he had one year left and he refused to extend his contract and wanted to leave. He was a CL and WC winner, a core player who Guardiola wanted to keep according to Pep Confidential.

Last edited:
Yes that's the reason they sold him for a low fee to Real Madrid because he had one year left and he refused to extend his contract and wanted to leave. He was a CL and WC winner, a core player who Guardiola wanted to keep according to Pep Confidential.
Kimmich has 3 years left. Big problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.