Judas Priest.........The Greatest Heavy Metal Band Of All Time?

Black Sabbath. Best metal band ever. Period. End of story. In fact I would go so far to say without Toni Iommi cutting off his fingertips, metal might not exist. (Although, I have to give credit where credit is do, Roy Wood did mess around D standard tuning before Tony did.)

Black sabbath for me the first 7 albums with ozzy were the best metal albums for me .

I'm from a generation that thinks Sabbath are a classic 70's hard rock band like Zepellin, Purple and a couple of others. To me heavy metal was an 80's thing featuring the dual lead guitars, such as Maiden, Priest, Saxon, Scorpions, Tigers Of Pantang and the founders of that style, but not quite that heavy, Thin Lizzy. Although Emerald is absolutely awesome.

I agree the Sabs are awesome and I've been lucky to see them 4 times over the years. Thank the Lord that he deemed Tony Iommi would have some finger tips chopped off when he worked in a factory........that created that deep Sabbath sound... the rest as they say is history.

Sabbath, without a doubt. Never really rated Judas Priest tbh.

Big Motorhead fan too, Ace of Spades will never be displaced from my top 10 favourite tunes. Hard to believe that it's 35 years old this year. God that makes me feel old!

Sabbath, without a doubt. Never really rated Judas Priest tbh.

Big Motorhead fan too, Ace of Spades will never be displaced from my top 10 favourite tunes. Hard to believe that it's 35 years old this year. God that makes me feel old!

Motorhead are the loudest band I've ever seen live.

Port Vale football club 1981 absolute scorching hot day, apparently it could be heard 11 miles away. Insane by todays standards with health and safety et all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.