Judas Priest.........The Greatest Heavy Metal Band Of All Time?

Motorhead are the loudest band I've ever seen live.

Port Vale football club 1981 absolute scorching hot day, apparently it could be heard 11 miles away. Insane by todays standards with health and safety et all.

I was there! Heavy metal holocaust IIRC. For the life of me, I can only remember Motorhead, Ozzy and another band called Norton, but I'm sure there were 6 bands in total. Mind you I was only 14 at the time. It was a red hot day, I was up in the main stand taking shelter from the sun when some well meaning chaps tipped over one of the soft drinks stands (enraged by the rip off price of 30p for a small bottle of pop) and started hurling the pop up into the stand. If any of you guys are reading this, thanks for the pop fellas! And you're dead right about Motorhead being loud, my tabs were ringing for a week after!
Happy days, @MrEd, happy days.

I've always enjoyed Motorhead. But I didn't REALLY get them until I took a line of Lemmy ' s favorite drug. The same with Kyuss. I best enjoyed them while starring blankly at a Winamp graphics plug in!

I was there! Heavy metal holocaust IIRC. For the life of me, I can only remember Motorhead, Ozzy and another band called Norton, but I'm sure there were 6 bands in total. Mind you I was only 14 at the time. It was a red hot day, I was up in the main stand taking shelter from the sun when some well meaning chaps tipped over one of the soft drinks stands (enraged by the rip off price of 30p for a small bottle of pop) and started hurling the pop up into the stand. If any of you guys are reading this, thanks for the pop fellas! And you're dead right about Motorhead being loud, my tabs were ringing for a week after!
Happy days, @MrEd, happy days.

Don't forget Mahogany Rush they were on the bill I'm sure. One of those gigs that now I'm an old fart I can look back on and say I was there and take great satisfaction.

Could I go to one of these all day shows now, not a chance.

Pipe and slippers is now the order of the day, but the memories and bootlegs remind me of such occasions!!

Metallica, baby.

Buzzed off them as a teen and even bought reload & s&m. Sold my ticket to the big day out in 1998 because i was 14 and korn cancelled. Regret that decision. Dry spell during which we had the likes of kill em all, black album and master of puppets to sustain us. Since death magnetic they tour with what the crowd loves, and they love playing.

Saw them eventually for the very first time at sonisphere in Knebworth on the last day of the 3 day festival in 2014. Lost my voice again (after losing it on the first night of limp bizkit/prodigy) got back to the tent and one guy was chatting on about how great it was. Told him it was the first time I'd seen Metallica before. "No shit really" this Scottish bloke goes "what a first time, I've seen them over 20 and that was the best I've ever seen them just now"

Sounds not the best but you can hear the crowd getting into it, they played almost two hours, it went from sunlight to darkness while they played. Mosh pit was mental and even stepping out was cool, coz you're still watching Metallica baby! Truly mint;

Metallica, baby.

Buzzed off them as a teen and even bought reload & s&m. Sold my ticket to the big day out in 1998 because i was 14 and korn cancelled. Regret that decision. Dry spell during which we had the likes of kill em all, black album and master of puppets to sustain us. Since death magnetic they tour with what the crowd loves, and they love playing.

Saw them eventually for the very first time at sonisphere in Knebworth on the last day of the 3 day festival in 2014. Lost my voice again (after losing it on the first night of limp bizkit/prodigy) got back to the tent and one guy was chatting on about how great it was. Told him it was the first time I'd seen Metallica before. "No shit really" this Scottish bloke goes "what a first time, I've seen them over 20 and that was the best I've ever seen them just now"

Sounds not the best but you can hear the crowd getting into it, they played almost two hours, it went from sunlight to darkness while they played. Mosh pit was mental and even stepping out was cool, coz you're still watching Metallica baby! Truly mint;

Believe it or not, Hedfield and Ulrich live quite near me (albeit in just a BIT of a higher rent district), and Hedfield's kids went to my kids' school until last year. He was on campus all the time (he drove his kids to school nearly every day he was in town -- and has quite collection of fine autos). He and his wife were very generous to the school and he is a really nice fellow (I didn't know her, but other folks told me she's great) -- I met him a number of times as I am pretty involved in fundraising at our school, though his kids are a few years older. At our fundraiser a few years back he auctioned off two guitars signed by the band, and he sang and played an acoustic version of "In My Life" by The Beatles with a montage of pictures of the graduating 8th graders on a movie screen behind him (a tearjerking tradition at our fundraiser) which was really quite touching.

I'm glad for his family's sake that he's clean, and for all his fame and money, I can report he's pretty much just a regular guy in all respects.

Believe it or not, Hedfield and Ulrich live quite near me (albeit in just a BIT of a higher rent district), and Hedfield's kids went to my kids' school until last year. He was on campus all the time (he drove his kids to school nearly every day he was in town -- and has quite collection of fine autos). He and his wife were very generous to the school and he is a really nice fellow (I didn't know her, but other folks told me she's great) -- I met him a number of times as I am pretty involved in fundraising at our school, though his kids are a few years older. At our fundraiser a few years back he auctioned off two guitars signed by the band, and he sang and played an acoustic version of "In My Life" by The Beatles with a montage of pictures of the graduating 8th graders on a movie screen behind him (a tearjerking tradition at our fundraiser) which was really quite touching.

I'm glad for his family's sake that he's clean, and for all his fame and money, I can report he's pretty much just a regular guy in all respects.
Excellent man, maybe the next time you see them you can pass this on; accumulated various things from the stalls and put them into a goody bag each for my own girls as I wouldn't see them that weekend. When I got home, "daddy had a great time seeing Metallica, they gave you this"... There was books, clothes, bracelets, things little girls like, my eldest goes "next time you see Metallica, tell them Thanks"... said okay, will do with a huge grin on my mush! That means there is a next time. Who knows? She might even be old enough to come along that next time!

Don't forget Mahogany Rush they were on the bill I'm sure. One of those gigs that now I'm an old fart I can look back on and say I was there and take great satisfaction.

Mahogany Rush! Lol, remember seeing them play the Free Trade Hall (supported by Lone Star) .... top gig.

Was at the Holocaust meself, but got pissed and missed Motorhead ... another gig from that era worth a mention, was Donnington in 84 ..... AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, Gary Moore, Y&T and openers, Motley Crue .... us and half the field left for the pub after Van Halen ripped the place apart ... Happy daze ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.