Judge Dredd

These Hollywood people though eh? Always thinking outside the box
I know this is tongue in cheek, however, i think we're in a golden age of TV at the moment, superhero series are just a small part of a huge range of high quality series available. It's not like movies where it's being dominated by sequels, re-hashes, franchises and superhero flicks.

Without following it closely enough to know for sure, it makes me wonder if all the really talented people behind the scenes have fucked off movies in favour of making TV instead, i notice a lot of big names actors being a lot happier to go into TV at the moment, whereas before i think it was seen as a bit of a step down.

I know this is tongue in cheek, however, i think we're in a golden age of TV at the moment, superhero series are just a small part of a huge range of high quality series available. It's not like movies where it's being dominated by sequels, re-hashes, franchises and superhero flicks.

Without following it closely enough to know for sure, it makes me wonder if all the really talented people behind the scenes have fucked off movies in favour of making TV instead, i notice a lot of big names actors being a lot happier to go into TV at the moment, whereas before i think it was seen as a bit of a step down.
There is a shit load of money in TV at the moment, that's why the actors are there. I doubt they ever cared about seeing it as a step down, they only cared about the lower pay, but now there is a ton of money being thrown at big budget TV and movies are struggling to keep up. People would rather watch Netflix than go to the Cinema.

Not convinced it's a golden age though, most of it's pretty generic and unimaginative, just with high production values. The 90's had fantastic TV, just without it being just mini action movies like a lot of the new TV is.

There is a shit load of money in TV at the moment, that's why the actors are there. I doubt they ever cared about seeing it as a step down, they only cared about the lower pay, but now there is a ton of money being thrown at big budget TV and movies are struggling to keep up. People would rather watch Netflix than go to the Cinema.

Not convinced it's a golden age though, most of it's pretty generic and unimaginative, just with high production values. The 90's had fantastic TV, just without it being just mini action movies like a lot of the new TV is.

There's way more competition in TV at the moment though, you have all these different platforms and they have to try and stand out somehow. I think it's actually leading to more risk taking, more interesting ideas, not all of it works. Add in the fact that TV allows much more depth and a higher level of involvement than a movie does. It also has to have something going for it for people to keep watching. You pay to see a movie and that's it, but if you don't like a TV series you just stop watching.

To be honest i don't agree with the mini action movie analysis at all, there's a huge amount of variety out there. In fact for me there's way more shows i'd be interested in watching than i have time for. Also the increased availability of foreign TV shows as well that we never used to get. With movies there's about one every few months that i can be bothered with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.