Julian Weigl

Well it certainly seems that interest of doing a deal this window has cooled. His statement really confirms that we're unlikely to do anything for him this window atleast.
You may be right but KdB was saying similar things just before he packed his bags for England.

It's the game.

You may be right but KdB was saying similar things just before he packed his bags for England.

It's the game.

But that really had more substance and our interest in concluding a deal that window was serious. This one seems like we are just enquiring about a potential deal rather than making this guy a clear target this window.

Haven't a fair few of our recent deals been similar to "Interest begins to leak in January, deal wrapped up in the summer" ?

What is it with Germans who believe that people only ever leave Germany for money?

Do you lot have a script or something because every German fan who comes on here spouts the exact same thing about every player who plays in Germany?

Sorry lad, but I am not able to answer those questions in general as I don't know 'the Germans', not even those being here on BM. But isn't it similar the other way round? Not too many british players ever have played in the bundesliga. Maybe there just was no benefit?? Or a script, too?
This would need a separate thread. I won't start it though...

Back to the topic. I just put down my individual thoughts about Weigl's individual situation and I tried to answer his question: "Why should I leave?"
It seems you didn't like my points. So what would you do in his place?

Sorry lad, but I am not able to answer those questions in general as I don't know 'the Germans', not even those being here on BM. But isn't it similar the other way round? Not too many british players ever have played in the bundesliga. Maybe there just was no benefit?? Or a script, too?
This would need a separate thread. I won't start it though...

Back to the topic. I just put down my individual thoughts about Weigl's individual situation and I tried to answer his question: "Why should I leave?"
It seems you didn't like my points. So what would you do in his place?

You're quite right, in that you can't answer for all Germans.

But you can answer for yourself.

You said in your original post "Let's see what money can do" as if the only possible reason he would leave Dortmund for City would be for money.

The better question is "Let's see how ambitious he is".

The reason no one leaves the Premier League for the Bundesliga is because it's a step down. It might not sit comfortably with you, but the German league is inferior to the English one.

City signed the best player in Germany last summer and he's not even the best player in our squad. The manager of the biggest team in Germany is quitting to come and manage a team whose stadium is "light years" behind. Are the best player and the best manager in Germany solely driven by money? If so, how did they end up in Germany in the first place, and why are they both jumping ship at the first opportunity?

The Premier League is the most competitive top league in Europe, as Jurgen Klopp is finding out. It's the most valuable sports league in the world. The most watched sports league in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than the NBA, bigger than the Champions League. It is a global phenemenom. By contrast, the Bundesliga is one team regional league that no one outside of Germany really cares too much about.

The question shouldn't be "Why would anyone leave the Bundesliga for the Premier League" the question is "Why wouldn't they."

You're quite right, in that you can't answer for all Germans.

But you can answer for yourself.

You said in your original post "Let's see what money can do" as if the only possible reason he would leave Dortmund for City would be for money.

The better question is "Let's see how ambitious he is".

The reason no one leaves the Premier League for the Bundesliga is because it's a step down. It might not sit comfortably with you, but the German league is inferior to the English one.

City signed the best player in Germany last summer and he's not even the best player in our squad. The manager of the biggest team in Germany is quitting to come and manage a team whose stadium is "light years" behind. Are the best player and the best manager in Germany solely driven by money? If so, how did they end up in Germany in the first place, and why are they both jumping ship at the first opportunity?

The Premier League is the most competitive top league in Europe, as Jurgen Klopp is finding out. It's the most valuable sports league in the world. The most watched sports league in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than the NBA, bigger than the Champions League. It is a global phenemenom. By contrast, the Bundesliga is one team regional league that no one outside of Germany really cares too much about.

The question shouldn't be "Why would anyone leave the Bundesliga for the Premier League" the question is "Why wouldn't they."
That, sir, is an excellent, well thought out post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.