Julian Weigl

Was club captain at 18 before he moved to Borussia Dortmund where he has played in majority of games. German u21 international.

Could this be the start of Pep's targets coming on board. Would think this puts serious pressure on Fernando, if it happens.

Weigl is great, across all the top leagues there could be a decent argument for him being the best signing of the season, Dortmund got him for dirt cheap and he's become a key player for them already. He's an incredibly active central midfielder, runs like crazy and does a lot of dirty work the times I've watched him, he's a very mature player for his age. I'd see him as a like for like replacement for Fernandinho in the future rather than for Yaya though, he's not really a playmaker per se. I don't see him coming to us already though, he only just arrived at Dortmund this season and slotted in perfectly, we'd have to do a lot to get him.

Julien Weigl

20 years old, arrived in Dortmund in the summer

Previously he was at 1860 Munich in the german second division where he was made captain at only 18 years old. He arrived at Dortmund and pretty much went straight into the first team controlling the midfield next to Gundogan and has been one of the big contributors to Dortmunds revivial of form under Tuchel apparently.

He's a deep lying playmaker type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.