Julian Weigl

I think CM/Fernandinho replacement (i.e., who will take his spot in 1-2 years) is the one position we really have to nail next summer. If Weigl is the guy, then break the bank and go for it.

Good potentially excellent player but he isn't a replacement for Fernandinho. Isn't the same in terms of athleticism etc at all.

Ridiculous player though the PL isn't for him especially as the pivot.. Suited to La Liga/BuLi.
Too soft for the PL..Rather Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Ridiculous player though the PL isn't for him especially as the pivot.. Suited to La Liga/BuLi.
Too soft for the PL..Rather Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Yeah, his passing is incredible and would thrive as the pivot when we have the ball but I, too have wondered how he would adjust to the physicality of the league. Not that I don't think he could, just think it's worth mentioning.

Yeah, his passing is incredible and would thrive as the pivot when we have the ball but I, too have wondered how he would adjust to the physicality of the league. Not that I don't think he could, just think it's worth mentioning.
Probably the perfect fit for our system as a deep lying playmaker but he's just one of those players who'd need to bulk up a bit before coming to the PL cause as it is the robust nature of the league would make him a passenger many a times.

He will be difficult to pry away as he only recently extended to 2021 and not sure if he actually has a transfer fee

I think if he had a choice between playing for us or Dortmund he wouldn't hesitate to pack his bags and head over to Manchester.

I think if he had a choice between playing for us or Dortmund he wouldn't hesitate to pack his bags and head over to Manchester.

I agree that the prospect of playing for us is exciting, but let's not forget:

-He's German
-He's still young and has plenty of time to make a big money move
-Dortmund signed him as a relative unheard of player. He's surely grateful to them for that and it could make him more reluctant to leave after only three seasons.

Not that I couldn't see him wanting to join, but I certainly don't think it's a formality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.