Julian Weigl

Nope, this....

“Delph has been exceptional at left back but is nowhere near good enough to be the focal point of our midfield. His main fault is when under pressure he makes the wrong pass usually holding onto the ball too long. Fernandinho and players at his level can take the ball in tight spaces and more importantly release it at the right time which gives players like KDB and Silva a few seconds more to do their stuff.”

He doesn’t have the 360 vision of Fernandinho. Not saying he couldn’t do a decent job, but decent is not good enough for that role in this scheme.

Weigl is the luxury buy but as @HolisticJim correctly points out, Pep could just as well unearth an unheralded gem to play the pivote much like he did when he used an unknown 4th division player in Busquets

Nope, this....

“Delph has been exceptional at left back but is nowhere near good enough to be the focal point of our midfield. His main fault is when under pressure he makes the wrong pass usually holding onto the ball too long. Fernandinho and players at his level can take the ball in tight spaces and more importantly release it at the right time which gives players like KDB and Silva a few seconds more to do their stuff.”

He doesn’t have the 360 vision of Fernandinho. Not saying he couldn’t do a decent job, but decent is not good enough for that role in this scheme.
I seem to be misunderstood. I am not talking about any position, I am talking of his ability with the ball at this feet and under pressure - imo, he is technically sound and as cool as a cucumber

I seem to be misunderstood. I am not talking about any position, I am talking of his ability with the ball at this feet and under pressure - imo, he is technically sound and as cool as a cucumber
I thought we were talking about him being able to cover the CM position. After all, this is the Weigl thread, isn’t it? Are we not talking about people who can play that role?

In this team, in this scheme, I don’t think it is him. I disagree with your “cool as a cucumber” comment, although he is technically decent.

I thought we were talking about him being able to cover the CM position. After all, this is the Weigl thread, isn’t it? Are we not talking about people who can play that role?

In this team, in this scheme, I don’t think it is him. I disagree with your “cool as a cucumber” comment, although he is technically decent.
No, I simply picked up on the poster who said Delph wasn't good with the ball at his fee, especially under pressure - no biggie

We will have to agree to disagree about him being cool as a cucumber though

No, I simply picked up on the poster who said Delph wasn't good with the ball at his fee, especially under pressure - no biggie

We will have to agree to disagree about him being cool as a cucumber though
Cool (not like a cucumber, like “we good”)

Aleix García

Weigl is the luxury buy but as @HolisticJim correctly points out, Pep could just as well unearth an unheralded gem to play the pivote much like he did when he used an unknown 4th division player in Busquets

Intrigued with the possibility of Aleix García becoming the next Pep project. He had the air of composure on him when he played here. How is he doing in Girona?

Nope, this....

Definitely not this.

Nope, this....

I don't think he has even played in midfield often enough for us to make this kind of judgement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.