Julian Weigl

He won't yet but suppose Pep is just trying to put the building blocks in place for years to come?

I have a suspicion Sterling still has some convincing to do also.

You've already said today Fred is expected to play some time at 8 not defensive mid to accommodate a player like Weigl, that doesnt work if Bernardo also moving to 8, you'd have 5 players and Foden - who Pep has hyped up as a first team option at every possible opportunity- trying to play in 2 positions. Even for someone who likes a deep squad that's too much.

Sterling being shunted out as you've suggested also doesn't tie in with Bernardo moving centrally unless were going to buy 2 or 3 forwards in the summer as well as the 2 central players.

You've already said today Fred is expected to play some time at 8 not defensive mid to accommodate a player like Weigl, that doesnt work if Bernardo also moving to 8, you'd have 5 players and Foden - who Pep has hyped up as a first team option at every possible opportunity- trying to play in 2 positions. Even for someone who likes a deep squad that's too much.

Sterling being shunted out as you've suggested also doesn't tie in with Bernardo moving centrally unless were going to buy 2 or 3 forwards in the summer as well as the 2 central players.

Bernardo won't be moving to eight next season, I said Pep eventually sees him as Silva's replacement, with Dave now around for at least another three years. Bernardo will continue to get his game time where and when.

Makes plenty of sense and Bernardo is only 23. Foden could go out on loan next season.

We want Bailly too, so work that one out.

Bernardo won't be moving to eight next season, I said Pep eventually sees him as Silva's replacement, with Dave now around for at least another three years. Bernardo will continue to get his game time where and when.

Makes plenty of sense and Bernardo is only 23. Foden could go out on loan next season.

Bernardo moving later but not next season was exactly my point, you seem to be arguing in agreement here.

I assume Bailey is the Sanchez/Mahrez replacement, we're clearly lacking a forward.

It would be a shame of Foden was loaned out as it's only a couple of weeks since Guardiola said he was good enough to not need a loan and could step up to the first team directly.

He's a CB so shouldn't affect who we play in midfield/forward positions

Bernardo moving later but not next season was exactly my point, you seem to be arguing in agreement here.

I assume Bailey is the Sanchez/Mahrez replacement, we're clearly lacking a forward.

It would be a shame of Foden was loaned out as it's only a couple of weeks since Guardiola said he was good enough to not need a loan and could step up to the first team directly.

haha - I wasn't arguing!

He won't yet but suppose Pep is just trying to put the building blocks in place for years to come?

why? the lad is improving season on season and is no way at his peak, scoring lots of goals, 20 so far and some pulling us out of holes we were firmly in

I have a suspicion Sterling still has some convincing to do also
Well he couldn't really be doing much more ffs. Pep prefers sterling to any of our forwards imo, you can tell that by the fact he always gets rested for important games over the likes of Sane.

I'd be very surprised indeed if Raheem still has to prove a point to Pep. His record this season has been exceptional and he'll only get better.

On Weigl, how do we fit him, Fred and the rest into our already stacked midfield?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.