Julian Weigl

If we're gonna get him, now would be the best time. I recall people rating him as high as 80m before his injury. His transfer value is probably cheaper now than it will ever be. And if there's a person that can make him play to his strengths and go back to his former glory, it's gonna be Pep. He's essentially everything Pep wants in a player - tidy with the ball, always in the right position, makes the right decision 99% of the time, and unbelievable vision, passing accuracy and range. Plus he's about the same age as our young core.
I agree, we got Gundogan at a snip of the price he would be in his prime. I can see us going to 40-50mil for Weigl.

I have to admit, I have concerns for his athleticism and so many times Fernandinho gets us out of sticky position through his natural athleticism. Perhaps next season we will see the next phase of the Pep master plan however and Weigl is the next component of it.

I agree, we got Gundogan at a snip of the price he would be in his prime. I can see us going to 40-50mil for Weigl.

I have to admit, I have concerns for his athleticism and so many times Fernandinho gets us out of sticky position through his natural athleticism. Perhaps next season we will see the next phase of the Pep master plan however and Weigl is the next component of it.
I've seen on here a whole list of names for pivot and have hardly seen any of them apart from the odd game. I am not really bothered who we get though, for me it's the position Pep knows better than anyone and the position he knows best, that with 2 years experience of the premier league I'd be shocked if whoever we get isn't very good there.

2 seasons under pep and he'll be able to do everything. The improvement in fernandinho is amazing never really been the best on the ball but know ur amazed if he gives the ball away short or long.

Fernandinho is 32 yet plays like he’s 22. He just gets better with age doesn’t he ? . Hardly gets injured and I think he has 2 more seasons in him here before he shows signs of declining. But just like silva and Sergio, we need to consider long term successors as hard as it will be

Fernandinho is 32 yet plays like he’s 22. He just gets better with age doesn’t he ? . Hardly gets injured and I think he has 2 more seasons in him here before he shows signs of declining. But just like silva and Sergio, we need to consider long term successors as hard as it will be

Absolutely. But the worry with Weigl is he doesn’t possess the energy or physicality that Fernandinho has. He’s a much better passer, but I’m still doubting as to whether he can do the role Dinho does.

Absolutely. But the worry with Weigl is he doesn’t possess the energy or physicality that Fernandinho has. He’s a much better passer, but I’m still doubting as to whether he can do the role Dinho does.
We had doubts when fern joined us, well, some did but he proved to be one of our greatest signings. We will just have to see how this pans out.

Ermmm I wonder is Fernandinho actually 32?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.