Julian Weigl

he is still kinda rehabing from a broken ankle, dont know if he'll be able to return to form, soon or ever

I'd prefer Jorginho from Napoli but Wiegl will be fine. Both are what is needed going forward as Fernandinho's and YaYa's replacements.

Watching the Dortmund game today and he's been poor if im being honest. Given the ball away so, so cheaply. Heard that's been the story of his season too? He'd be work in progress if we went in for him.

I watched him only few times. Looked good, nothing special. But at any football site you see fans wanting to sign him. Based on that my conclusion is that i just had bad luck and only saw the games when he was average.

People who use to watch Dortmund could confirm if he is world class material?

I'm hoping we might re-explore this one now the Jorginho deal is dead.

I've been impressed with Weigl every time I've seen him, which admittedly isn't that often. But you can tell straight away with a midfield player if they've got an eye for a pass and if they make intelligent decisions and there is absolutely no doubt this kid emphatically ticks both boxes.

I've heard he got injured and regressed last season. I don't think that should put us off. If anything, I think the fact Fernandinho still has one or two seasons at the top level in him, it's a good opportunity to take a punt on him. If he's not quite up to it, it won't hurt us that badly as Dinho can take up the slack. But if he gets back to showing his early potential, we could have an absolute diamond on our hands.

He's quicker than Jorginho, has much better feet, more aggressive at winning it back, and from what I've seen, more incisive with his passing. Jorginho obviously has incredible pass completion stats, but from what I've seen of him, he goes square an awful lot, and his forward passes tend to be lobbed balls over the top. City won't play against many teams that will allow that much space behind where that ball will be effective. Whereas Weigl is superb at breaking the lines with a pass in to feet, which is far more suited to our style of play.

He passes like Ginger Bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.