Jury Duty

Anyone up for Jury service first time should be made to sit and watch this film. Possibly Henry Fonda's finest hour....
4c7c1b221c57651ef98ddae673e111d9.gif

Raffaelle Sollecito (Amanda Knox's boyfriend) is suing the judge, prosectutors and the jury for damages in respect of his original conviction.

That will increase the popularity of jury service in Italy.

I did it not long ago and hated it. We ended up with a mistrial, some people are just completely incapable of objectively looking at evidence and making a decision.

I did feel that more could be done to help jurors though, you essentially have a 20 minute video telling you what's going to happen, more training might make it a better experience.

I did it not long ago and hated it. We ended up with a mistrial, some people are just completely incapable of objectively looking at evidence and making a decision.

I did feel that more could be done to help jurors though, you essentially have a 20 minute video telling you what's going to happen, more training might make it a better experience.
Yeah, that video was stupid. It focused more on the pomp and ceremony of the whole thing, plus a bit of procedural stuff, and did absolutely nothing by way of preparing jurors for how they might feel and cope with it all (the weight of responsibility, dealing with difficult or idle jurors, etc.).

Its too much responsibility for many of lesser IQs to handle. They often cant see past the fact that if they find people guilty they may end up in prison. The simple truth of the matter these days is that courts do not want to run trials, they cost. There are many previous hearings at Crown Court before the actual trial involving the CPS and the defence and the judge does and will encourage early guilty pleas or pleas to like or lesser offences. The CPS often accept such pleas too. If a defendant runs a trial the reality is it because he has nothing to lose. The other reality is that to even get someone charged, the evidence has to be hugely strong. To get to trial, be assured that the defendant has committed the crime. Unfortunately they then out their faith in the jury being weak or daft, and it sometimes works.

EU referendum anyone...

I'd been called up 3 times by the age of 26. Had holiday booked for one, attended and got sent home on the first day for the second and was giving evidence in an assault trial at the same time as the third so didn't have to attend.

My experience of the justice system is, during trial, even when things are going so far south they are meeting themselves coming the other way, the CPS maintain an heir of he's getting away with it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

My experience of the justice system is, during trial, even when things are going so far south they are meeting themselves coming the other way, the CPS maintain an heir of he's getting away with it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Huh. You saying they want innocent ppl to be guilty?

Huh. You saying they want innocent ppl to be guilty?
In real terms i don't think they care, it's a results based job, who cares if it's just or right....not fucking the cps From the prosecutions reaction to me when they looked stupid in court

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.