Just love this pic...

PA-164092.jpg

article-0-0E428FA200000578-452_468x351.jpg

Arsenal 2 v Manchester City 2 1953

1976 L.C.Final

1984 celebrations ,Kippax

Manchester City 5 v Lierse SK 0 1969

Manchester City 1 Southampton 0 1969

How we won that game I'll never know. They battered us! Think it was Gordon Davies hit one against their keeper it dinked up in the air and Euclid (his real name!) headed in. A genuinely top class footballer. And Christ, we had very few in those days.

Tremendous these pictures, especially the old ones, way before my time my dear departed Dad was going to the cup finals in the 30's and 50's, looking at some of the crowd pics I always wonder if he was at that particular game. In the latter years I took him to Maine Road and he had a seat in the main stand together with his walking stick while I was on the Kippax, after the game I went around and got him. He would have loved the football we are playing now!

Wasn't this the season when a TV strike prevented most of the early games being televised?
For example, I've never seen any footage of the September victory over Spurs when they turned up in Sky Blue away kits, the defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, or the 2-2 draw with West Ham.
There was also a Saturday morning all-ticket match against Chelsea, when the Chelsea fans were supposed to be banned from all their away games.
The Saturday game v Chelsea, we lost 2-3 and it was definitely on Granada - Gerald Sinstadt interviewed Peter Osgood after the game. It was played in snow and Clive Walker got their winner IIRC. I remember arriving to watch the game in the Platt Lane and me and my dad had to buy a ticket because of Chelsea having some restrictions imposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.