Just love this pic...

silverback said:
hateutd said:
259wljp.jpg
Why the 6-30 kick off? strange time.
Looking at the programme front I was surprised to see the Platt Lane end covered, this is the era that I first started going and in my befuddled mind I would have sworn that the only stand we had was the main stand.

Looking at the date (about 7 weeks before I was born!!) I'd hazard a guess that it was just before we had the floodlights installed and that was the latest they could kick off to finish the match in daylight and maximise the crowd.

Gary James said:
droylsdenblue said:
hateutd said:
2j3i03l.jpg
year?game?

Is it the 1968/1969 fa cup tie at Blackburn ?

It looks like it and if that's the case it's one of the first uses of the red and black. Though Mike Summerbee is supposed to have worn 7 in that game!

That fa cup game was played at night after twice being postponed one the weather and another time coz Blackburn team had flu
Summer bee was No 7 I'm sure. And the pic looks like T.C he was No11
Not sure if it's city red stripe on shorts ??

wslpuu.jpg

wiwqjr.jpg

vsm13s.jpg

2mqnsl5.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://i57.tinypic.com/20ic3yx.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i57.tinypic.com/20ic3yx.jpg</a>

hateutd said:

With the exception perhaps of Kinky that side would have been a great one.

Not many would get into an upto date version....

Hart, Zaba, Willy D, Kompany, Watson, Yaya, Silva,Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Kun.

Bench Corrigan, Book, Doyle, Oakes, Kinky, Quinn, Francis

Only problem is balance with Yaya in holding role.

Can't find a spot for Tueart, Ali B (who would have been like Silva if he was young enough to play in our current side( & Young who deserve to be in there and the Goat due to my love for him.

I am too young to have seen Bert play apart from a Testimonial in the 70's and have based the team on players I've seen play but at their pomp not necessarily when past it with us.

blue b4 the moon said:
hateutd said:

With the exception perhaps of Kinky that side would have been a great one.

Not many would get into an upto date version....

Hart, Zaba, Willy D, Kompany, Watson, Yaya, Silva,Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Kun.

Bench Corrigan, Book, Doyle, Oakes, Kinky, Quinn, Francis

Only problem is balance with Yaya in holding role.

Can't find a spot for Tueart, Ali B (who would have been like Silva if he was young enough to play in our current side( & Young who deserve to be in there and the Goat due to my love for him.

I am too young to have seen Bert play apart from a Testimonial in the 70's and have based the team on players I've seen play but at their pomp not necessarily when past it with us.

Man City – All Time Greatest Team ?

Frank Swift

Tony Book Sam Cowan Mike Doyle Glyn Pardoe

Mike Summerbee Colin Bell Alan Oakes Roy Clarke

Franny Lee Eric Brook

Subs –
Bert Trautman,
Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany,
Paul Lake, Ken Barnes,
Neil Young, Sergio Aguero

Also in a 25 man squad –
Joe Hart,
Willie Donachie, Roy Paul,
David Silva, Peter Barnes,
Rodney Marsh, Ernie Toseland

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.