Kaka to City article

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by quiet_riot, 6 Oct 2017.

1. kwm1988

kwm1988

Bit harsh on Bellamy..i thought he was brilliant for us In his time here,cracking player always gave 100% too,was gutted the way he left us with the mancini fallout.think we signed Ballotelli as his replacement pretty much if I remember right.

2. Pokes28

Pokes28

Network Engineer
    I made a mistake in my post. While I made that message about Bridge while looking up the names from 2009 January window. I had written the Bridge played for a season and a half and was mediocre at best. Then when I realized that Bellamy had the same time frame, I just added him not thinking about the after statement of mediocrity.

To be honest though, I never rated Bellamy as highly as others did. I view him similarly to Nasri in that he was skilled but there was always something missing that I couldn't put my finger on.

3. KingCarlito

KingCarlito

One of the players of his generation. Imagine him injury free along with David Silva in midfield.

4. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

Personally don't think he would have been great over here, he didn't exactly work wonders at Real, when he joined them, did he? Maybe my memory is not so good on that.

Great player, but not really sure he'd have cut it in the Premier League.

5. Armaan

Armaan

Quite clear he regrets it.

6. Jordie

Jordie

I think the attempt to sign him was as much about publicity as it was football. If you look back to the day the takeover happened that Arab that was shouting his mouth off to the world about us buying every tom dick and harry, then appointing Garry Cook who was very outspoken, then signing Tevez and the welcome to Manchester poster.

All of it imho, very carefully planned by our owners to put us on the world stage.

7. Henkeman

Henkeman

Yep. The Robinho signing didn't work out that well in footballing terms, but goodness me it made the footballing world sit up. Probably a success in the bigger picture.

8. Bozo

Bozo

Head Lecturer at the Clown College of Manchester
    Would have been identical to Robinho, to be honest. Started brightly, occasionally show glimpses of brilliance but ultimately quickly fade away, not enjoying his football in England. Bullet dodged.

9. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Bellemy mediocre - that’s ridiculously harsh. Was a good signing for us.

10. waspish

waspish

Reading that article he did bottle it.