Karim Rekik

Rekik's sale demonstrates our youth development programme still has a long way to go. Rekik was never really given a chance!
or......we have just received a decent fee for a player that we have developed into an excellent option for a club that isn't quite on our level.

or......we have just received a decent fee for a player that we have developed into an excellent option for a club that isn't quite on our level.

I share your opinion, I hope we can get some details of the transfer as I'd like to think we've put in a few clauses involving sell on fees and the like, if he has a few alright matches Newcastle will be signing him up next year.

The two points are not mutually exclusive but IMHO promising youngsters should feel like they have a chance of competing in the first team squad - especially after success loans designed to bring them on.

We may never know whether Rekik could have been good enough for us . I am sure he will do fine in France.

as for generating income, we will get half for Rekik what we paid for Sinclair!

Rekik wasn't good enough. Denayer's vastly better at everything.

Put it this way - he's a bit of budget Nastasic at the moment and we all know how that turned out. He could prove city wrong but the sale seems fair in my opinion as we'd definitely not be signing him if he wasnt a City player.

Our youth policy will start to bear fruit this year and Rekik's sale doesn't change that.

Last edited:
Rekik wasn't good enough. Denayer's vastly better at everything.

Put it this way - he's a bit of budget Nastasic at the moment and we all know how that turned out. He could prove city wrong but the sale seems fair in my opinion as we'd definitely not be signing him if he wasnt a City player.

Our youth policy will start to bear fruit this year and Rekik's sale doesn't change that.

Agreed, Denayer is much the better prospect.

It was time to make a decision on him and we made it. He's happy, the club are happy and Denayer will feel good that we've cleared his path somewhat.

Marseille is far from being the best team for a defender, especially a young one, but if Rekik establsishes himself there, it would tell you something.

Anyway, such a small fee and almostly everybody's wish to sell him is a completely joke. He's just 20 and he's Netherlands NT player ffs! And we sell him for 3-5 m euro!!! Says it all really. And at the same time, for the same people it is normal to buy overhyped s..t for much much much bigger fees and on much higher salaries. Just ask yourself, how much money would any other club ask for him?

There's been nothing said about any options officialy yet, but even if they take place in this transfer, the buy-back clause may just not work as Rekik would hardly want to be deep on the bench. Or he just may be happy with his current club or may choose another offer if he wants to leave. While the sell-on clause can't be more than 50% what already makes our income for a club-trained player twice as little

Everton got Delofeu for the same price and he's infinitely more promising than Rekik. I'm guessing we got the price we got for Rekik because that's all anyone wanted to pay. Simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.