Kean Bryan (on loan to Oldham)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by FantasyIreland, 10 Sep 2017.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

2. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Motm last night night the local derby,he's doing himself huge credit apparently.

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

will have a good career hopefully, but a long way from making it here.

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Career wise I see something of a scenario similar to that of Ben Mee.

5. BJL_City

BJL_City

yes, I think we'll see more and more of our youngsters drop down a division or 2 and make their way back up. Mee is a perfect example of just keeping your head screwed on and making the most of opportunities despite your limitations and forging a much more successful career than perhaps anticipated. If you have a really good run and can show off your strength from time to time, then you can get lucky and become a Trippier or Michael Keane. Overpriced, overhyped, bang average but guaranteed a top contract till they're at least 30.

6. Hungarian blue

Hungarian blue

He and Jack Byrne are tearing it up for Oldham in League One by all accounts, which is nice to see, though given their potential ceiling, hopefully they won't stay there for too long. I especially feel for Byrne who had that Blackburn signing fucked up entirely. Bryan had lots of injury issues so I'm just glad that he now seems to be a standout there.

7. Cobra

Cobra

Are you suggesting that Trippier is overpriced and overhyped?

8. BJL_City

BJL_City

to suggest Trippier is on a level with Walker makes him overhyped. Michael Keane was overpriced

9. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I find it absolutely bizarre that neither of those players ever played a game for City.

Irrespective of whether they would 'make it' or not, both were easily good enough & fully deserving of, a chance to try.

I recon Kean Bryan could have filled in as emergency cover in a number of positions for us, quite easily, if he'd been brought through a couple of years ago & got used to the level. Just as Phil Neville did for the rags.

He is a decent enough footballer & hard as fucking nails. Surely could have done a job.

10. BigOscar

BigOscar

Where's he playing these days? I always thought he could make a real career for himself as a holding midfielder as England doesn't have any at all (Eric Dier is an undisputed first choice England player ffs), but we seemed t move him to CB where he seemed a little less useful. Honestly thought he could do a job as that sort of Fernando player who gets brought on to add another defensively minded, physically robust midfielder as we really don't have that guy anymore