Kean Bryan

Really really hope he makes it as he went to the school I work at and he's a decent lad as well .
Would be fantastic if a local lad made it at the highest level .
He is a rag though ,sure he is seeing the error of his ways now though .

He seems to be a natural leader to me. I believe he is only 17 still and for me he seems to be on the right path to the first team. He was a bit fortunate last night, as he could easily have been sent off for that tackle. However, I was impressed that he controlled himself afterwards and didn't give the ref a reason to send him off.

mad zab said:
He seems to be a natural leader to me. I believe he is only 17 still and for me he seems to be on the right path to the first team. He was a bit fortunate last night, as he could easily have been sent off for that tackle. However, I was impressed that he controlled himself afterwards and didn't give the ref a reason to send him off.

He's 19 in November so well past seventeen. Still an exceptional talent though and still very young. He'll have no problems physically. He reads the game well, is a leader as you said and he can get forward and pass. To be honest, he's a fuck lot like Barry but more athletic... we would have fucked it up if he doesn't at very least make 40/50 appearances for us over the next 3 years.

Not having it that Fernando has any more natural potential than he does. Not saying Bryan will be a better player (i think Fernando has a lot more to come in the long run too) cos shit happens and that but i think he's at least got the same amount of potential.

twosips said:
mad zab said:

He's 19 in November so well past seventeen. Still an exceptional talent though and still very young. He'll have no problems physically. He reads the game well, is a leader as you said and he can get forward and pass. To be honest, he's a fuck lot like Barry but more athletic... we would have fucked it up if he doesn't at very least make 40/50 appearances for us over the next 3 years.

Not having it that Fernando has any more natural potential than he does. Not saying Bryan will be a better player (i think Fernando has a lot more to come in the long run too) cos shit happens and that but i think he's at least got the same amount of potential.

Your right regarding his age. I agree that he has everything to be a first team player for us.

All these lads need are an opportunity. I know we want to win trophies each season. However, we need to ensure there is a clear pathway to the first team for these kids who have the raw ingredients to be top class players.

When you think that Pogba was playing at this level just 2 years ago, then you begin to realise how quickly players can grow when given the chance to play competitive football regularly.

mad zab said:
twosips said:
mad zab said:

Your right regarding his age. I agree that he has everything to be a first team player for us.

All these lads need are an opportunity. I know we want to win trophies each season. However, we need to ensure there is a clear pathway to the first team for these kids who have the raw ingredients to be top class players.

When you think that Pogba was playing at this level just 2 years ago, then you begin to realise how quickly players can grow when given the chance to play competitive football regularly.

Agree.

There is a balance to be struck, but creating an environment where the best kids get through to the first team, is just as important as winning trophies imo. No reason we can't do both, but we should not sacrifice one aim, to suit the other.

A balance between big signings & homegrown is the way to go.

Neville Kneville said:
mad zab said:
twosips said:

Agree.

There is a balance to be struck, but creating an environment where the best kids get through to the first team, is just as important as winning trophies imo. No reason we can't do both, but we should not sacrifice one aim, to suit the other.

A balance between big signings & homegrown is the way to go.

We have got to do that. Fill the team with top class players like bale or pogba and then have players like barker or bryan behind them. I think we should aim to have at least 3 young players on the bench at all times, it could be a risk, but then again maybe they are good enough. example being maffeo instead of sagna

The leap of faith has to come for these kids to get involved; Kean could do everything Fernando does for us now, therefore should be given the nod.

Navas has 4 league goals in his previous 3 seasons; no matter how inconsistent or inexperienced Brandon Barker is, I'd bet on him to at least match that total in one Premier League season.

Even James Milner, who I have always had huge respect for, has as good joined Liverpool now, so why is he coming off the bench against West Brom when we're 3-0 up? Brandon has a better skillset to be an impact player anyway.

Short term patience with these kids in the team will lead to long term benefits. We have about 5 worthy players who have been carrying the rest of the mediocrity for a few years now; it's not as if we're gonna notice a huge gulf in class with the integration of these superb young talents.

.A. said:
Even James Milner, who I have always had huge respect for, has as good joined Liverpool now, so why is he coming off the bench against West Brom when we're 3-0 up? Brandon has a better skillset to be an impact player anyway.

Short term patience with these kids in the team will lead to long term benefits. We have about 5 worthy players who have been carrying the rest of the mediocrity for a few years now; it's not as if we're gonna notice a huge gulf in class with the integration of these superb young talents.

The Lampard substitution against Newcastle will always baffle/annoy me. 5-0 up at home and we're bringing on a 36 year old loanee who's soon to leave the club anyway?! It would have been absolutely perfect for one of the youngsters to have come on and played for 20 minutes (not that we had one on the bench mind)

M_Disco said:
.A. said:

The Lampard substitution against Newcastle will always baffle/annoy me. 5-0 up at home and we're bringing on a 36 year old loanee who's soon to leave the club anyway?! It would have been absolutely perfect for one of the youngsters to have come on and played for 20 minutes (not that we had one on the bench mind)

This is the one that REALLY irked me.

3-0 at home cruising against a then very shite Palace and we leave Ambrose on the bench despite him being in great form for the EDS and bring on Scott FUCKING Sinclair in the 88th minute.

Seriously...what the fucking fuck is that about? Actually makes me angry to think about it.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2014/December/City-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-match-report-20-December" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-repor ... 0-December</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.