Kelechi Iheanacho

Delphacito

It pains me to see all this hype about Rashford. It makes me sick hearing all my rag friends gloating about him. Kelechi is clearly much better than him and would've performed better than him if given the chance. It's even more painful anytime I see Bony playing over him like in that West Brom game. Wish Pellers would've given him more minutes - meaningful minutes and not just the last 5 mins of a match. What I'm afraid is that he might not get his chance with Pep either, especially since Pep wants to bring in a new backup Striker.

Stats comparison:
Kelechi - 9 goals 1 assist in 432 mins played.
Rashford - 7 goals 1 assist in 773 mins played.

In the last 3 games although late on Nacho has been brought on rather than Bony, it's took Pelli until mid April to realise.......

Excellent work with the ratio OP.

Stats are irrelevant. You won't see more hype in the media for the simple matter that Rashford is English and Kelechi isn't. If history has taught us anything its the English media love hyping up the next English 'Superstar'.

However Kelechi has been criminally underused this season and now we're at a stage in the season where its unlikely he will get minutes as we need to secure Champions League next season and progress in the Champions League this season, add to that all our players are now getting back from injury. He might get a game with 1 or 2 games left in the season.

It pains me to see all this hype about Rashford. It makes me sick hearing all my rag friends gloating about him. Kelechi is clearly much better than him and would've performed better than him if given the chance. It's even more painful anytime I see Bony playing over him like in that West Brom game. Wish Pellers would've given him more minutes - meaningful minutes and not just the last 5 mins of a match. What I'm afraid is that he might not get his chance with Pep either, especially since Pep wants to bring in a new backup Striker.

Stats comparison:
Kelechi - 9 goals 1 assist in 432 mins played.
Rashford - 7 goals 1 assist in 773 mins played.

I wouldn't dispute the Rashford hype sentiment (a propaganda wankfest accompanies every rag youth academy graduation as a matter of course - and the fact that Rashford was only given a chance because there was almost literally no-one else fit is naturally ignored by the media), but I've not seen much to support your assertion that Kelechi is "clearly better than him" and the claim that he "would have performed better than him if given the chance" is pure speculation.
Kelechi has scored just twice in the league (no-one could seriously count the back deflection vs Swansea), and one of those was a tap in from two yards at Palace.
I like Iheanacho; he's an excellent goal poacher in the 6 yard box and a smart finisher generally, but outside the box I would say he's been good rather than eye catching.
Much as it pains me to say it, Rashford looks a menace every time I see him. He's tall, he's lightning fast, and he's not just scoring goals, but scoring them in big games (Arsenal, City, West Ham). Kelechi might go on to become a top, top striker, but if I'm being cold blooded on what I've seen so far, I'd take Rashford if offered a choice between the two, although the call is undeniably a close one

To be fair Rashford is playing in constipated LGV system which prefers a back pass than trying to create chances, so we need to take that into consideration, while Kelechi is playing with likes of Silva,KDB,Toure supporting him. Not saying one is better than other but for an young lad is is doing well for himself.

I wouldn't dispute the Rashford hype sentiment (a propaganda wankfest accompanies every rag youth academy graduation as a matter of course - and the fact that Rashford was only given a chance because there was almost literally no-one else fit is naturally ignored by the media), but I've not seen much to support your assertion that Kelechi is "clearly better than him" and the claim that he "would have performed better than him if given the chance" is pure speculation.
Kelechi has scored just twice in the league (no-one could seriously count the back deflection vs Swansea), and one of those was a tap in from two yards at Palace.
I like Iheanacho; he's an excellent goal poacher in the 6 yard box and a smart finisher generally, but outside the box I would say he's been good rather than eye catching.
Much as it pains me to say it, Rashford looks a menace every time I see him. He's tall, he's lightning fast, and he's not just scoring goals, but scoring them in big games (Arsenal, City, West Ham). Kelechi might go on to become a top, top striker, but if I'm being cold blooded on what I've seen so far, I'd take Rashford if offered a choice between the two, although the call is undeniably a close one
Don't know who the commentator was, but my feed shouted out when Rashford scored "Manchester United..... Giving youth it's chance since 1958!!!!!!" really??? Over to the Newcastle match we went lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.